Horsepower Issue

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
I have a stock one. I have a roush intake people say it can handle the stage 2. Should i go back to stage 1 and when i get the mitsubisihi intercooler switch back to stage 2?
Get a CVF IC. You won't regret it.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You also need to remember that factory tunes are more conservative for mechanical longevity. That's why some tunes are able to get sometimes so much more power than stock. They want their things to last as long as possible.
No, I don't need to remember shit, because I tested the car stock. On the dyno at WOT, the AFR goes to 8.9:1. There is *NO* acceptable excuse for this when one has control of the throttle blade. Factory Ecoboost engine tuning is complete shit and they should be ashamed of it. This is not an issue of power levels, that's a separate topic. This is an issue of an engineer or two to take the time to produce a clean fueling and ignition map. I'm sure everyone gets all excited to tune the 5.2's and they leave the 2.3's to the FNG.

Without putting any boost or ignition timing in the engine, Ryan's 'zero' map was already a significant improvement over stock. I can tell the difference in maps at *idle*. This point is not even a discussion.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I have a stock one. I have a roush intake people say it can handle the stage 2. Should i go back to stage 1 and when i get the mitsubisihi intercooler switch back to stage 2?
Whoever 'people' is has no idea what they're talking about.

Shotgunut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shotgunut
Vehicle(s)
17 4bang stang premium!
Our cars come from the factory with bullshit mapping so ford can sell you the Ford performance tune. The ford tune should be factory baseline.
Sponsored