Sponsored

Hooker Black Heart Cat Back?

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
There was recently a sale on these and I picked up a non-valved one for $750 brand new - at that price, why not? Installed it today, replacing a Borla Atak catback with the adjustable valves. I used Grimmspeed resistors to fool the ECU so all of the modes still work. It sounds very, very good. Louder than the Atak but not ridiculous although I am withholding final judgement until I put a few hundred miles on it - there is really no drone but there might be a little boom in the cabin. It's subtle and maybe my ears are just being overly sensitive. Worst case scenario, I may install some small resonators.

Oh, on my scale it's about 10lbs lighter than the Borla (both will all clamps and hardware) even though it's a 3" exhaust.
Sponsored

CarlsbadCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Champale, I saw that sale too for $9xx w resonators and wondered about getting that. would love to know how that sounds. Do you have headers? I have the Brenspeed Stage2 package so w factory cans sounds amazing. or IMHO a step cooler than stock.. but wonder @ axle-back also

Last edited:

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
My car has stock engine, airbox, manifolds, cats.

I have done about 150 miles on the Blackheart so far, lots of them at high rpm, and can say that I love the sound! It does a wonderful thumpa thumpa thumpa at idle like an old school muscle car and screams like a race car as you rev it out. I had a friend drive it up and down a back road so I could hear it and man oh man it sounded fantastic at all revs. No blatty ugliness, no rasp, and from inside there is zero drone at all, even in 6th. The exhaust has definitely settled in a little bit and the boom that I heard in the first few miles has completely gone away. Either that, or I have completely blown my eardrums out revving it to redline with the windows down over and over!

Interestingly, the passenger side C pillar vibration that the car started doing after installing some BMR rear suspension parts has completely gone away. The car did that noise with the OE exhaust and the Borla Atak. I'm not sure what I tweaked when I installed it, but the noise is gone now.

Who wants a Borla Atak with less than 1000 miles?? It's pretty awesome, too.

CarlsbadCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Who wants a Borla Atak with less than 1000 miles?? It's pretty awesome, too.

do you still have the Borla? with resonators or not?

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
do you still have the Borla? with resonators or not?
Yes I still have it. It's an Atak and did not come with resonators. It's a really nice exhaust and sounds fantastic. It retains the exhaust valves so you can do "quiet" mode like the factory exhaust.
Sponsored