Homelink config

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What is the secret to programming the homelink buttons on this car? I tried following the owner manual instructions, but I can't figure it out. Programming my Tacoma and Porsches were so much easier.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gravedgr

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
While I'm at it, is there a way to have the car always start with the exhaust in "sport" mode?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I have a Marantec garage door opener and it is impossible to program the Ford Homelink to this system. No learn button on the garage door opener itself. You have to use the remote and Homelink does not like it. The Marantec instructions specify you have to use the remote not the main unit.

If you push the start button with out depressing the clutch, the accessories will come on. Then you can toggle the switch to sport, then start the car. Not sure if the scan tool can change that. That would be the only other option.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
What is the secret to programming the homelink buttons on this car? I tried following the owner manual instructions, but I can't figure it out. Programming my Tacoma and Porsches were so much easier.
This was a huge PITA. 4 separate and distinct methods and none worked until a 5th accidentally completed the programming. The manual instructions do not work. I called Homelink and the first level of help provided a sequence that did not work. A second attempt with a different combination of button pushes was not working either. Another tech at a higher level came on the line to assist but we had no luck. Had been on the phone for an hour by this point and had someplace to be so arranged to pick it up the next day. The tech called me at the agreed time as promised and gave me another sequence to try and that did not work but during this process I inadvertently stumbled upon something that did get the Homelink to communicate with my opener (Somer Synoris). It was kind of crazy that so many combinations of programming even exist, only serving to confuse the end user. I am glad to finally get it working but was really surprised how difficult it ended up being and also how poor it works. The transmitter does not have much range at all. The opener in my Toyota will open the door from over 100 yards out and it was very easy to program as well.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
No solution for starting in sport mode.

I called Homelink & Genie customer service (garage door opener manufacturer) and got help. It took about 10-15min but everything works. Try giving them a call.

Sponsored

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
I couldn't get mine programmed using Ford's instructions. I found the answer on a Toyota Tacoma forum I frequent. My openers are Sears brand. The trick is to:
1) hold an already-programmed remote near the homelink button.
2) push the desired homelink and remote buttons simultaneously until homelink blinks rapidly.
3) get out of the car and go push the learn button on the opener.
4) get back to the car and push the programmed homelink button a few times until the garage door moves.

This works fine. I was able to program two buttons on Homelink for the two garage doors. This process didn't deactivate any of my other remotes either.

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Hope to program mine in next few weeks- bookmarking
Thanks for info

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I do believe the starting in sport mode may be possible through forscan.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
use the instructions by the maker: http://www.learcar2u.com/

I have a Marantec garage door opener and it is impossible to program the Ford Homelink to this system. No learn button on the garage door opener itself. You have to use the remote and Homelink does not like it. The Marantec instructions specify you have to use the remote not the main unit.

If you push the start button with out depressing the clutch, the accessories will come on. Then you can toggle the switch to sport, then start the car. Not sure if the scan tool can change that. That would be the only other option.
I have marantec as well, its 11 years old, the only way to get around is by adding LearCar2U, its the company that makes homelink for fords, module hard wires into main unit

Wayne-Dalton-Wireless-Garage-Door-Conversion-Module-_57.jpg

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use the instructions by the maker: http://www.learcar2u.com/

I have marantec as well, its 11 years old, the only way to get around is by adding LearCar2U, its the company that makes homelink for fords, module hard wires into main unit

Wayne-Dalton-Wireless-Garage-Door-Conversion-Module-_57.jpg
Thanks. I knew I was not crazy and after trying every combination for about 2 hours I gave up. Looks like I need that thingamejig.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Not only have I not been able to program my 350's homelink, I haven't been able to do it on my Audi as well.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Not only have I not been able to program my 350's homelink, I haven't been able to do it on my Audi as well.
The wife's Audi handled the Marantec no problem but my sons F-250 and the Shelby no Bueno.

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
FWIW, we just replaced our doors and openers, used LiftMaster openers and programming was a breeze.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I have Liftmaster and looked up instructional video online, and it's different than what's in the Mustang owner's manual. Anyway, I was able to program both Shelby and Audi in seconds.
Sponsored