Home At Last !!! GRRRRR !!!

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Picked up my new 2022 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach1 yesterday in Michigan! Drove my Benz up from Bama and traded it in! Deal went smother all I did was sign, transfer junk and look the Mach1 over with a magnifying glass! I could not find a single flaw in the Mach1, everything lined up.....paint was perfect and any other forum mentioned defect was checked! I was a HAPPY CAMPER! Spent a few minutes with sale tech assistant going over features and tech stuff and I was off back to Bama!

It's 700 ish miles and about 10 hours each way and all easy interstate driving and I figured not paying for 2 car swap delivery @ around $3K was worth the drive! I'd get to drive the Mach1 home and break the motor/trans in correctly! The Mach1 had 4.6 miles on the odometer when I fired it up! My GAWD what a wonderful beast! I did break down and purchase wheel and tire insurance since it was cheap and I've spent over $5k in the last 7 years replacing Mercedes Benz wheels. $400 is chump change!

Got on the road around 4pm EST and figured I'd get as far south back towards Bama as I could before falling asleep @ the wheel! I left Bama @ 3am CST that morning! Grabbed some more coffee and started grabbing gears! My impressions....WoW!! I didn't sidestep the clutch or wind it past 4000 rpms, but I had a blast !!! The car sounds, feels amazing..... Once I left Michigan most the interstates were mostly brand new just completed re-paves! I now understand why on sh*tty roads these cars with Cup2's are a handful! They are now the SECOND FREAKING thing on my list to replace!! They were the FIRST until I hit the Tennessee/BAMA state line. I stopped about 2 am in Kentucky and obeyed the Mach1's commands to "Pull over and take a break!" Slept a few hours between 100's of long-haul truckers and got back on the road right before sunrise. I hit the last construction zone at the TN/AL state line and I saw an almost baseball sized piece of drainage rock jump the middle barrier and BANG my windshield shattered! SOAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pull over and hop out to inspect and luckily there was NO other damage other than a shattered windshield and glass all over the interior! Well....so much for washing and cruising around this weekend......I tired....pissed and my new relationship is starting off on the rocks! Anyways.....I was HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY @ Delivery!!!

313979807_10229512616182402_2232550156761753160_n.jpg
Sponsored

Yorkshire_OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Love the Grabber Blue Mach 1. So sorry to read about your misfortune. most people will drive a lifetime and never suffer that. glad it didn't touch the paint though!

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Picked up my new 2022 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach1 yesterday in Michigan! Drove my Benz up from Bama and traded it in! Deal went smother all I did was sign, transfer junk and look the Mach1 over with a magnifying glass! I could not find a single flaw in the Mach1, everything lined up.....paint was perfect and any other forum mentioned defect was checked! I was a HAPPY CAMPER! Spent a few minutes with sale tech assistant going over features and tech stuff and I was off back to Bama!

It's 700 ish miles and about 10 hours each way and all easy interstate driving and I figured not paying for 2 car swap delivery @ around $3K was worth the drive! I'd get to drive the Mach1 home and break the motor/trans in correctly! The Mach1 had 4.6 miles on the odometer when I fired it up! My GAWD what a wonderful beast! I did break down and purchase wheel and tire insurance since it was cheap and I've spent over $5k in the last 7 years replacing Mercedes Benz wheels. $400 is chump change!

Got on the road around 4pm EST and figured I'd get as far south back towards Bama as I could before falling asleep @ the wheel! I left Bama @ 3am CST that morning! Grabbed some more coffee and started grabbing gears! My impressions....WoW!! I didn't sidestep the clutch or wind it past 4000 rpms, but I had a blast !!! The car sounds, feels amazing..... Once I left Michigan most the interstates were mostly brand new just completed re-paves! I now understand why on sh*tty roads these cars with Cup2's are a handful! They are now the SECOND FREAKING thing on my list to replace!! They were the FIRST until I hit the Tennessee/BAMA state line. I stopped about 2 am in Kentucky and obeyed the Mach1's commands to "Pull over and take a break!" Slept a few hours between 100's of long-haul truckers and got back on the road right before sunrise. I hit the last construction zone at the TN/AL state line and I saw an almost baseball sized piece of drainage rock jump the middle barrier and BANG my windshield shattered! SOAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pull over and hop out to inspect and luckily there was NO other damage other than a shattered windshield and glass all over the interior! Well....so much for washing and cruising around this weekend......I tired....pissed and my new relationship is starting off on the rocks! Anyways.....I was HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY @ Delivery!!!

Congratulations on your Mach. I hate the mishap with your windshield.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Love the Grabber Blue Mach 1. So sorry to read about your misfortune. most people will drive a lifetime and never suffer that. glad it didn't touch the paint though!
You clearly haven't spent any significant time on Florida roads. I've replaced the windshield in every car I've owned here. My mustang has had 3 replacements and I held off the 3rd time for several months for fear my insurance company was going to drop me. The first time I replaced it, less than a week later, caught a rock and cracked it again. It's one of my biggest complaints down here and it's primarily due to construction trucks. They do not secure there load because the state doesn't care unfortunately.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TEAsGrabber

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Being replaced Monday afternoon......Now on to tires!! Funny my insurance rep. asked me if I wanted a lower cost option w/o the Ford logo??? NOT!!!

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Very, lucky not hurt. Love the Grabber Blue. Just nuts like magnets crap always happens to new cars. Now you're good to go!

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Brother, I'm just glad you are okay. Stay safe out there. Your car is beautiful! (just like mine :-)

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Damn what a story with a shattering ending😳. But very impressed with your impressions of the Mustang being your a former Benz owner. Hope the best for you and the repairs but glad your ok.

Thumpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Congrats on the car. After 2,500miles and 1 track day I replaced my tires. Went with the Pilot Sport 4s tires and love them on the street and on the track. I bought my tires from Tire Rack and had them delivered straight to the dealer for installation, and they came with a road hazard warranty from Tire Rack. Just got a big gash in the sidewall on one tire after a year, and they reimbursed me the replacement cost.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Sweet ride for sure and sorry to hear about the baseball rock hit to the windshield. Definitely not the way to start out in a new ride but at least it was only the windshield that took the hit.

Congrats from another Bama stang owner.

BD

Last edited:

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Congrats on the purchase! What Chassis number??
Sponsored