Car is a 3.73 MT82 with

CPe/LTH x-pipe and cat back
MAK Cat deletes
Holley Sniper Intake
JLT CAI
BAP
47's
Lund E85 tune

Had to coerce the dyno operator to stay in it, lol. First run he stopped at 6500 thinking he was at 7500. Wanted to try it in 4th as it made him nervous:doh: The green run is in 4th.

I talked him through the last run (blue) which was 5th gear going to 7500.

I did not get a stock baseline on this car as time did not allow. However, I do have trap speeds which I will be comparing for gains my next track outing. The car ran 115 before. I'll be applying normal DA corrections to get a good idea of the gains, but from what I can tell it is consistent with other dyno's showing a 25ish hp peak gain.

On the E85 tune the timing curve was improved down low to keep the tq from falling too much. TBH, I can't feel a loss of tq. The car pulls very well and once it moves into the big revs it just keeps pulling. It's tough forcing the 7500 shift as it's still feeling solid.

Hopefully long tubes are here soon, 1 3/4" CPe/LTH, and I will be doing a dyno after that install NA and on a 150 shot. Should get interesting.
image1.JPG
image2.jpg
Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Cliffs: 427/355 SAE

Car is a 3.73 MT82 with

CPe/LTH x-pipe and cat back
MAK Cat deletes
Holley Sniper Intake
JLT CAI
BAP
47's
Lund E85 tune

Had to coerce the dyno operator to stay in it, lol. First run he stopped at 6500 thinking he was at 7500. Wanted to try it in 4th as it made him nervous:doh: The green run is in 4th.

I talked him through the last run (blue) which was 5th gear going to 7500.

I did not get a stock baseline on this car as time did not allow. However, I do have trap speeds which I will be comparing for gains my next track outing. The car ran 115 before. I'll be applying normal DA corrections to get a good idea of the gains, but from what I can tell it is consistent with other dyno's showing a 25ish hp peak gain.

On the E85 tune the timing curve was improved down low to keep the tq from falling too much. TBH, I can't feel a loss of tq. The car pulls very well and once it moves into the big revs it just keeps pulling. It's tough forcing the 7500 shift as it's still feeling solid.

Hopefully long tubes are here soon, 1 3/4" CPe/LTH, and I will be doing a dyno after that install NA and on a 150 shot. Should get interesting.
I'm curious to see the gains with the headers vs your cat deletes. Many say headers are not worth much over cat deletes but after having done both setups on two different coyotes headers are definitely worth it.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your dyno operator sounds annoying to work with...

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
OP what drove you to go w/this IM instead of some of the other Intake Manifolds on the market? Any plans on eventually going FI?

Great to see this IM dynoed on a N/A set-up, another member has this intake but he's running boost.

Sponsored

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
oooooh i like where this is going 10s with mild bolt ons and some spray sounds like a nice combo!

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Your dyno operator sounds annoying to work with...
He was a newer guy- never had a car rev that high, lol.

What brand dyno? The numbers seem kind of low....
Those are SAE numbers, so a little low. I'd expect around 440 STD.

I'm curious to see the gains with the headers vs your cat deletes. Many say headers are not worth much over cat deletes but after having done both setups on two different coyotes headers are definitely worth it.
I expect some meat under the curve for sure. Peak gains would be nice as well. I suspect the combo will work pretty good.

OP what drove you to go w/this IM instead of some of the other Intake Manifolds on the market? Any plans on eventually going FI?

Great to see this IM dynoed on a N/A set-up, another member has this intake but he's running boost.
Nitrous, and plans for a direct port setup along with not cutting, trimming, or dealing with the vibrations of motor mounts.

OP
OP

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
For the money it can't be beat! Still love mine.

I'm getting more and more curious as to how it would do with a nice set of cams.

MrBoogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Interesting. The dyno graph published in the StangTV article did not have the common 5,000-6,000 rpm dip with the Sniper intake, and neither does yours. I may have to give one of these a shot at some point.

Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's hard to see, in the pictures, but what was the redline with this intake?

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like peak power happened at 7100-7200

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is my Sniper NA graph. Just wanted to make sure mine was close.
MAP dyno(003).jpg

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Here is my Sniper NA graph. Just wanted to make sure mine was close.

I saw your vid over the weekend on FB. :headbang: Was that on corn? Can't wait to see what it traps.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Why not go full in with 1-7/8 headers?

Numbers aren't bad. Some data logging might be in order.
Sponsored