Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I stand corrected then, thank you for that.

Ya my first car was a 1987 Toyota Extended cab Extended bed with a 4 banger Carb motor lol.

Plus all my buddies had Turbo cars so we all would literally start them and sit and wait.

This just sounds like I can enjoy her sooner everytime I start her up now haha. :headbang:
No problem. The car definitely warms up much faster if you're driving it, casually, rather than letting it sit. Warning: it is hard to drive it casually though, until it's up to temp!
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
No problem. The car definitely warms up much faster if you're driving it, casually, rather than letting it sit. Warning: it is hard to drive it casually though, until it's up to temp!

I have to admit a couple times I did not let it warm up before hitting 6K. I don't go above 6K unless the oil is 185.

GrayGt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gray Gt350 stock
Oh so that's what it was I thought it was the tune the whole time

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Not to thread jack, just throwing out some info. I'm glad someone else told me about this: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a30249/why-you-shouldnt-warm-up-your-car/

I used to idle for awhile on cold starts before driving. I've stopped doing it after reading this and other discussions about the topic.
I was going to post that same article if you hadn't. Not that in Florida I have much need to warm up much. I do notice that this engine gets to operating temp much faster than my GT. Almost twice as fast it seems. Not sure if the engine itself runs hotter or if there's some type of block heater to help warm up faster?

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Also I found that tachometer dash light setting. I thought the guages would just light up, didn't realize it was a HUD! That's awesome. Funny thing too is I took a picture last week of those bars on the dash by the windshield meaning to ask what were they for and never got around to it.

Sponsored

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I was going to post that same article if you hadn't. Not that in Florida I have much need to warm up much. I do notice that this engine gets to operating temp much faster than my GT. Almost twice as fast it seems. Not sure if the engine itself runs hotter or if there's some type of block heater to help warm up faster?
I'm glad this engine warms up quickly. My previous car (Scion FR-S) had a flat 4 engine and that thing took AGES to warm up. I'd pretty much have to drive my entire commute to work with no heat, because the damn engine was still cold after driving a good 15-20 minutes during our mild winters here in north TX.
Sponsored