Sponsored

Meeting 90dB sound limit at track with GT350R

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
Just wanted to put this out there because I was approached by multiple GT350/R owners yesterday at Laguna Seca that didn't know about this. I heard about Grimmspeed's "exhaust valve defeat module" and decided to put it to the test. I can verify that it works at Laguna Seca meeting the 90dB sound limit without having to lift at all.

I assumed it tricked the valves to stay closed no matter what when plugged but it appears to keep the valves stuck in whatever position they are in when you connect them. Meaning if you want to live the valves always open/sport exhaust life 100% of the time just make sure your valves are open when you put it on. I found out the hard way my first session out and was off the track quickly for sound violation. Once I got behind the car and removed the module and made sure valves were fully closed and reconnected it, no issues rest of day and I ran in track mode. I technically was hitting 90.4dB but the crew said it isn't a violation until I hit 91.0dB.

And holy crap, these cars are so good on track, especially the R. I was so impressed and that track is an absolute blast! Will be back Feb 19!

Here is the link to the product: http://www.grimmspeed.com/exhaust-valve-defeat-module/
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'd maybe consider one to leave it in sport all the time. Not sure I'd want to leave it in closed all the time though. I know C6 and C7 guys have burned out their actuators from tricking the NPP to stay closed while running on track. I guess time/circumstance will tell if it's the same with the 350/18+ GT's.

OP
OP

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd maybe consider one to leave it in sport all the time. Not sure I'd want to leave it in closed all the time though. I know C6 and C7 guys have burned out their actuators from tricking the NPP to stay closed while running on track. I guess time/circumstance will tell if it's the same with the 350/18+ GT's.
Yeah I'm only planning on using the module at tracks with sound restrictions. How hard is it to hit the sport exhaust toggle switch anyway? I love flipping switches and pushing buttons on my steering wheel. :lol:

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Oh interesting! Thanks for the heads up, looks simple enough, I suppose you need two, one for each side. Looks like you simply disconnect the plug at each actuator and plug these into the harness. I always wondered what our cars would sound like in 6th gear with the valves open.

Sponsored

OP
OP

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How easy/hard is the install?
Extremely easy, like the post above me says. Jack the car up to get better access. Reach up to the valve actuator, slide back red clip on the connector and depress it to disconnect. Plug module into this harness. Done.

LAPTIMZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Do you need two of them?

OP
OP

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)