Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Premium
  • Banned
Dear experts,

I would like to safely take my Mustang GT 2018 premium Non PP up to 300km or 183 miles ( legally ) on the autobahn that I use to and from work and my question is what modifications/upgrades should be made to do this without risk of something breaking.

So far I've

1. Removed the factory limiter
2. upgraded the tires to the Michelin Sport 4 S tires Y105 rating. Running 275/40/19 in the rear which and 265/40/19 in the front which lifted the rear slightly for better aerodynes
3. Ford Racing Half Shafts
4. Mishimoto 3 row radiator
5. Steeda stop the hop kit
6. Steeda closed cai with tune
7. BBK 90mm throttle body with steeda spacer.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
uhh, there's a reason for the limiter. 1 - power. 2- aerodynamics. Specifically stability and buffeting.
And you forgot the most important part. a proper alignment.
You got a crash cage, belts and helmet? :)

I don't doubt you can drive 120mph all day long without a care. but airflow can change dramatically at certain critical speeds. The factory limit is what, 165?

I guess you're desperate to MeTOO this guy? I would frankly focus on doing stops from high speed and seeing if the car remains stable and planted. Doesn't take much to ruin your day when going fast.

Last edited:
OP
OP

MustangGt2018

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Premium
  • Banned
uhh, there's a reason for the limiter. 1 - power. 2- aerodynamics.
And you forgot the most important part. a proper alignment.
I'm sure there are things missing, hence why I am looking for anyone who understands this better then me. This car drives perfectly at 255 without any sort of issues. I have no doubt it has enough power to easily push another 45 km. The only issue with aero seemed like the hood, with the back raised slightly, it seems offset a little better. Perhaps you or anyone else can share more detailed information on what specific modifications can be done.

I should mention, right now there are plenty of camaros flying by at 300+ without any visible modifications

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Just asking for a friend, how are you driving on the Autobahn if your location is the Dominican Republic? Do you work there?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I should mention, right now there are plenty of camaros flying by at 300+ without any visible modifications
sure, because the SS/1LE is a proper "sports" car. It has vastly better suspension and chassis control and brakes than a base Mustang GT. In Mustang terms you're going up against PP2 or GT350s both of which have aero. Your car has zilch.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Maybe the ZL1, but no way a stock SS is getting up to 186mph.

Also I don't think your Mustang has the balls either to get to that speed.

OP
OP

MustangGt2018

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Premium
  • Banned
sure, because the SS/1LE is a proper "sports" car. It has vastly better suspension and chassis control and brakes than a base Mustang GT. In Mustang terms you're going up against PP2 or GT350s both of which have aero. Your car has zilch.
I'm not sure what the lack of specific details or modifications in your response really means. Is 300 km doesn't seem that fast nowadays. Normally none of the cars stock go this fast and why they get modified to be safer. Are you saying the mustang gt 2018 needs a suspension modification if so what part? Are you saying 4 piston brakes on the base gt can't overpower the wheels ( seems unlikely ).

OP
OP

MustangGt2018

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Premium
  • Banned
Maybe the ZL1, but no way a stock SS is getting up to 186mph.

Also I don't think your Mustang has the balls either to get to that speed.
It's probably better to just not respond if you lack the technical knowledge or experience to know which modifications could be made to weak points to increase the safety from 255 to 300.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
🙄

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
have you done ANY testing of your car's handling, obstacle avoidance and braking stability? Or are you kidding yourself that your top-speed blasts are always going to be uneventful?

factories put limiters on for CYA reasons as well as because they didn't actually equip the car for aero stability at certain attitudes and speeds. Are you a car aero engineer and have access to a 300km/h wind tunnel and KNOW your car isn't going to go all evil on you somewhere north of 260?

Plenty of race drivers have died because their car had lethal problems with aero that were not apparent at lesser speeds.

Have you inquired of Ford/Ford Performance at what speeds they internally certified stability on a stock GT with it's crappy-ass loose suspension and modest brakes?

And anyway, how are you dodging TUV certifications?

If you want to go fast, buy a BMW S1000RR or any of the Jap 1000CC bikes. They are DESIGNED expressly for the purpose of going >180mph right off the show room floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: dx2

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be clear I’m not driving 183MPH so I don’t give a shit. Move on from your stupid request.

OP
OP

MustangGt2018

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Premium
have you done ANY testing of your car's handling, obstacle avoidance and braking stability? Or are you kidding yourself that your top-speed blasts are always going to be uneventful?

factories put limiters on for CYA reasons as well as because they didn't actually equip the car for aero stability at certain attitudes and speeds. Are you a car aero engineer and have access to a 300km/h wind tunnel and KNOW your car isn't going to go all evil on you somewhere north of 260?

Plenty of race drivers have died because their car had lethal problems with aero that were not apparent at lesser speeds.

Have you inquired of Ford/Ford Performance at what speeds they internally certified stability on a stock GT?
I understand your concern and it is much appreciated. But I'm not looking to get into the whole lets justify or qualify ourselves before we get real technical details from experienced individuals who understand that certain limitations are placed based off various reasons such as tire ratings. I am very comfortable driving at 300 km, but this is my personal limitation, based on the fact many people need more costly upgrades to get past that point. I understand based on over 20 years driving between 200-300 speeds the basic red flags, including how to avoid the uneventful situations. The car holds up very well at 255, it did have a concern with the hood, but a slight lift in the back had a huge improvement at speeds above 200km. The cars handling, obstacle avoidance and braking stability is impressive.

I am confident I could take this up to 300 km based on what I've already done, the tires and hood aero problem were the biggest concern

I hope you know that manufactures generally apply conservative settings on a stock, such as the limiter which is usually set to what the any car is able to safely perform. But when you begin to modify the car you void many legal agreements.

OP
OP

MustangGt2018

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Premium
Just to be clear I’m not driving 183MPH so I don’t give a shit. Move on from your stupid request.
No reason for you to troll with these snowflake style comments, its a serious request for the big boys out there

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Again… 🙄 Go away.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.