Sponsored

HiPo 2.3L

DynamiteOwens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 2.3L High Performance
Hey Everyone. New to the forum and just picked up a 2.3L HiPerf Eco Boost this weekend fully loaded with the magnaride. It is a gorgeous car with some serious character.

Anyone else out there have one? I’m curious to see if that 4.5 0-60 time Ford reports is realistic. Certainly it has no issues keeping up on the street. I have to remind myself it has 40HP on the 2010 GT in a 4 cylinder. Technology today is amazing.

I feel like it would be great on track.
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Tell us more about your Ecoboost Mustang. What color is it ? What kind of trans in it ? What type of seats does it have ?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There's a few owners on here, it's by far the least common/popular Mustang out there though. Not because it's bad, but they only made a few thousand if I'm remembering right. Definitely an ass kicker on the street.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, even if some magazine can clip off a 3.8 second pass, if you can't, what good is it if you're racing somebody who can? Crazy idea, but uh, why don't you go find a stretch of land tomorrow and give it a go yourself to independently verify it? :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hey Everyone. New to the forum and just picked up a 2.3L HiPerf Eco Boost this weekend fully loaded with the magnaride. It is a gorgeous car with some serious character.

Anyone else out there have one? I’m curious to see if that 4.5 0-60 time Ford reports is realistic. Certainly it has no issues keeping up on the street. I have to remind myself it has 40HP on the 2010 GT in a 4 cylinder. Technology today is amazing.

Welcome to the forum Dynamite and congrats on getting a great car. There was a recent tread on this exact question. Based on this you can get to 4.5 if you have a fully broken in motor, running 91/93, have the A10, and on a prepped surface for maximum traction. Good luck!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ecoboost-high-performance-pkg-0-60-actual.146572/

Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost

HiPo or not, just make sure you fill her up with 93 octane, or 91 if that's the best in your area.
Since you just picked her up this weekend youre gonna have to wait a few hundred miles either way.
But starting NOW with the higher octane is best.
Once broken in, with consistent use of 91/93, and in decent temps, you should be able to do 4.8 - 5.1 sec with the 10r80.
But like others have mentioned, there's not much info about it. There are a few owners here but Ive yet to read many of their performance input....

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

Put miles on it, I’m at 800 miles on mine and it keeps getting better. Tires are stupid soft so probably want to put some protective film around the rockers and quarters. I have an autocross in a couple weeks, I think it’ll do well. I have a CPE intercooler ready for it but will wait after the race to install it, plus some chassis stuff.
Sponsored