Sponsored

Hidden Pony Under Hood Liner Mod

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
A few weeks back I took my hood liner out to installed a set of gloss black hood vents and found a hidden surprise. I had no idea there was a running pony stamped into the underside of the hood. The first thought that came to my mind was to ask my vinyl guy if he could inlay some gloss black vinyl. He told me he could but he wasn't to confident on the lines looking clean. So I gave up on it. Fast forward a few weeks and I order some coil cover inlay vinyl from Anchor Room. In a shot in the dark I sent an email asking if they had a template for the under hood pony. To my surprise he said yes. I couldn't send the funds fast enough and two days later the vinyl showed up. I'm really happy with the way this looks and I'm sure it will make the car stand out at car shows.
Before (Medium).jpg
Horse Only (Medium).jpg
After (Medium).jpg
No Vinyl (Medium).jpg
Full Vinyl (Medium).jpg
Sponsored

Sponsored

DFWStangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White GT
I wouldn't need a custom color. I'm thinking about doing matte black since I have the same color wheels and the trim pieces are matte black.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Looks great. How's it holding up to underhood temps?

OxWhiteEB

GR8_WHT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Ecoboost
Someone said on my local fb group that if you remove the liner, the hood will start getting really hot and paint will start cracking because our hood is made of alumunium.

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
I got from The Anchor Room back in February. Easy mod and adds a nice touch under the hood.
20170208_165317 (1).jpg

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Someone said on my local fb group that if you remove the liner, the hood will start getting really hot and paint will start cracking because our hood is made of alumunium.
Not even remotely true. I have 10k miles on mine removed, and had 40k miles on my ST with no liner.
No issues at all.

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
Not even remotely true. I have 10k miles on mine removed, and had 40k miles on my ST with no liner.
No issues at all.
You're also in New York. Baking in Miami heat it might be remotely true. Then again, maybe not. Just thinking out loud.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I've heard that too. I want to take mine off since it has ugly water stains on it. But I don't want to risk ruining the paint on the outside.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Ya us Florida peeps need a definitive answer on this one...would love to do this but...

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Ya us Florida peeps need a definitive answer on this one...would love to do this but...
You'll be fine, if baking in the Florida sun doesn't cause issues nor will removing the liner.
Sponsored