Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
You won't be disappointed with magnetic grey :sunglasses:

A nice example for sure on that link but defo overpriced. A little more justified if the mileage was under 10k maybe. Does have all the optional extras though which is cool.

I can see the headlights have had the tribar lights added, and obviously the taillights are aftermarket. Given some of the horror stories of some of the headlight mods, I'd be a bit wary of any you find like that. I'd want the original headlights/taillights if I was to go for that particular one.
Looks like Roush back boxes too.

Benno
Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've had a quick look at prices and it's up for about the right money, what you can negotiate off is a different matter but £30k would IMO be good going based on others I've seen.

The modifications would however put me off, I'd rather a stock car but that's just me

OP
OP

Lewis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
BMW 530e - But on the hunt for my 1st Mustang
I've had a quick look at prices and it's up for about the right money, what you can negotiate off is a different matter but £30k would IMO be good going based on others I've seen.

The modifications would however put me off, I'd rather a stock car but that's just me
I don't mind the mods if they are subtle and have been done properly, but I take on-board your comments on price. In an ideal world I'd like to go and see it and test drive it, but it is 250 miles away, so not exactly around the corner.

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
I don't mind the mods if they are subtle and have been done properly, but I take on-board your comments on price. In an ideal world I'd like to go and see it and test drive it, but it is 250 miles away, so not exactly around the corner.
You’d like the Roush’s lol :rockon:

My JCW was bought from Swindon so a fair old trip for me - I bought it off of pictures/video along with a “subject to my test drive and inspection on the day” agreement.

Benno

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My JCW was bought from Swindon so a fair old trip for me - I bought it off of pictures/video along with a “subject to my test drive and inspection on the day” agreement.
That's a good point. My girlfriend bought a car a month or so ago, only saw it online and it was delivered ~250 miles away after she had technically bought it, funnily enough also a 67 plate. There was a 7 day "no hassle return guarantee" as lockdown prevented viewings/test drives. Thankfully all was great, but it struck me as standard practice for car sales now.

If you can strike a good deal and have that reassurance that you can hand it back if all is not kosher, then it may be worth a punt. You'll just need to figure out how to give it a good ol test drive and a thorough mechanical inspection in those first few days.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
The Roush's are the reason I have a GT now rather than an Ecoboost haha
Roush‘s are why I have the Mustang full stop lol. I had arranged for my brother in law to demonstrate his GT with Roush’s to my mate who just had stock GT and we had a good rev-off including some guy who just happened to be passing having had his fitted that day doing fly-pasts lol. Needless to say my M4 paled into insignificance even with its £3k exhaust and I ordered my GT the following morning :crackup:

Benno

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Used Mustang prices are on the up it seems, used valuations have gone up by about a grand in the last few months. Good news for sellers not so much for buyers, and there seems to be not many brand new cars in dealer stock at all. Thinking about maybe selling mine after summer, fancy something different again now after nearly 4 years of mustang ownership.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Agreed used GT prices seem pretty strong at the moment. I was told that currently GTs aren't being imported due to red tape, how true that is who knows.

OP
OP

Lewis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
Agreed used GT prices seem pretty strong at the moment. I was told that currently GTs aren't being imported due to red tape, how true that is who knows.
That's exactly what I am seeing happening. The one I was after that I posted earlier in the thread had already been sold the moment I enquired. It was actually great value in comparison to the prices that are being asked for them now and that is in just a few weeks!

I've found the following which came onto the market earlier this week, but it's more than I had budgeted for and don't think I can stretch to it. May just need to wait it our for a bit until used prices come down a bit or go for a 2016 plate, but even they aren't going for less than £30k at the moment and their 5 years old.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...t_cars&postcode=me194fq&sort=price-asc&page=6

Looks decent and has actually got the quad exhaust.

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
That's exactly what I am seeing happening. The one I was after that I posted earlier in the thread had already been sold the moment I enquired. It was actually great value in comparison to the prices that are being asked for them now and that is in just a few weeks!

I've found the following which came onto the market earlier this week, but it's more than I had budgeted for and don't think I can stretch to it. May just need to wait it our for a bit until used prices come down a bit or go for a 2016 plate, but even they aren't going for less than £30k at the moment and their 5 years old.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105022111179?include-delivery-option=on&price-from=500&model=MUSTANG&make=FORD&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&aggregatedTrim=V8&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=me194fq&sort=price-asc&page=6

Looks decent and has actually got the quad exhaust.
I’d sell you mine for less than that! Auto GT, all factory options, 68 plate, 10k miles. Roush exhaust, eibach springs/spacers, drake spoiler, Maxton splitter, yours for 34k :like:

C6D59ED7-5764-4CFE-9121-355F389A8F51.jpeg
0646AD20-C889-462C-9B8F-88D373AD66FD.jpeg

OP
OP

Lewis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
I’d sell you mine for less than that! Auto GT, all factory options, 68 plate, 10k miles. Roush exhaust, eibach springs/spacers, drake spoiler, Maxton splitter, yours for 34k :like:

C6D59ED7-5764-4CFE-9121-355F389A8F51.jpeg
0646AD20-C889-462C-9B8F-88D373AD66FD.jpeg
What a lovely example yours is Adam and it's very tempting, but I'm ideally after something in a darker colour and something a bit closer to stock so I can do the mods myself. You've done lots of really cool stuff on yours, leaves me with nothing do to myself :)

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
What a lovely example yours is Adam and it's very tempting, but I'm ideally after something in a darker colour and something a bit closer to stock so I can do the mods myself. You've done lots of really cool stuff on yours, leaves me with nothing do to myself :)
Saves you money and time, plus it’s only £150 a year road tax :rockon:

let me know if you change your mind as it’ll be going in the next few months either way, price is negotiable :like:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
colour you can't change (well you can but for the sake of argument) but getting a car with all the nice bits already on it means you get to just drive it rather than spanner it. Always an option to change stuff later if you fancy something different. Buy stock if you want to keep it stock but mods are cheaper if already fitted :sunglasses:

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
colour you can't change (well you can but for the sake of argument) but getting a car with all the nice bits already on it means you get to just drive it rather than spanner it. Always an option to change stuff later if you fancy something different. Buy stock if you want to keep it stock but mods are cheaper if already fitted :sunglasses:
This guy knows the score :like: And you basically get the mods for free!
Sponsored