Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
Ok....here we go.I just finished installing the Hertz mille 3 way speaker system.I put the JL audio 600/6 amp in some time ago,with jbl gto speakers all around.The sound was ok,but not as good as it should be.It was time to go to the next level.I am using all of the factory wiring,so it was a challenge with the crossover.I cut the crossover up into sections,and mounted each section with each driver.
Factory crossover (Custom).jpg

Crossover cutup (Custom).jpg

The quality of these hertz speakers are outstanding.You pay,but you get!
Woof (Custom).jpg

Woofer (Custom).jpg

Woofer wired (Custom).jpg

The speakers bolt patterns are wider,so the door had to be drilled and screwed through the plastic jbl adapters.
Woofer mounted (Custom).jpg

Woofer mounted2 (Custom).jpg

The midrange also had to be drilled into the door.
Midrange mounted (Custom).jpg

The mid crossover section I mounted in a box.It has both the male and female plugs on the cable to plug into the factory wiring.
Midrange box (Custom).jpg

Midrange wired (Custom).jpg

Now the hard part was where to mount it.Inside the door panel,under the arm rest is a perfect flat plastic pad.Nothing is in the way.
Midrange box mounted (Custom).jpg

The easiest part was the tweeters.They fit perfectly into the factory recess in the A-pillar.
Tweeter A-pillar (Custom).jpg

Tweeter inside (Custom).jpg

I modded the tweeter section by moving the cap and adding a molex screw barrier strip to make it easier to connect in the car.Both the woofer coil and the tweeter board are covered in heat shrink.
Tweeter (Custom).jpg

Tweeter wired (Custom).jpg

This project took about 20 hours start to finish.The sound is very smooth now,without a hint of harshness that I was getting from the jbl's.The final tweek this week will be to upload the file from OEM radio to remove the factory head unit processing.

Sorry for the long post,but I know you guys love pictures.:D
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Dang, that's some brave work you did there!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Nice. I have a full Hertz Mille Legend speaker setup I will eventually install and a couple Arc Audio 1200.6 amplifiers, which are wonderful. I may use an Audison Voce sub instead, as I kind of like it better than the Mille sub (I may be the only one on earth that thinks that, but... hey). I also have a Bit.1 for processing. I won't be using any passive crossovers and will go to my former car audio shop to use their Bit.Tune system to tune it. I had to move, losing my garage, so I haven't gotten around to doing the install, but it's nice to see that my speakers will certainly fit without pain and suffering! :) Great work!

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Nice. I have a full Hertz Mille Legend speaker setup I will eventually install and a couple Arc Audio 1200.6 amplifiers, which are wonderful. I may use an Audison Voce sub instead, as I kind of like it better than the Mille sub (I may be the only one on earth that thinks that, but... hey). I also have a Bit.1 for processing. I won't be using any passive crossovers and will go to my former car audio shop to use their Bit.Tune system to tune it. I had to move, losing my garage, so I haven't gotten around to doing the install, but it's nice to see that my speakers will certainly fit without pain and suffering! :) Great work!
I heard a Voce at the NCSQ get together... very nice and blended very well with the rest of the system (Mille separates).

Sponsored

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
Racemaster nice job with the installation of the Hertz Mille Pro 3-way speakers. I think you will find another several orders of magnitude improvement once you install the OEM Radio file to remove the factory sound proceccing. I have the Hertz Mille Pro 3-ways also along with the Mille Pro Coaxials in the rear deck. My system still sounded pretty much like smoother stock speakers until I had an Audison Bit One 31 channel sound processer along with an Alpine PDR-V75 Amp installed. Once the installer tuned the Bit One sound processer to cancel out the factory processing the speakers had a totally different and much improved sound. Ford really screwed the pouch with the factory sound processing.

OP
OP
Racemaster

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder
Thank you,,,thank you,,thank you gentlemen.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thank you,,,thank you,,thank you gentlemen.
I just stumbled across this install. Bravo!
Are you still happy with this setup? Did you ever do the Forscan tweak to turn off the factory EQ processing?
I think the Hertz 3-way Mille's are the best option for this car. Too bad they cost so much.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual