Help with toe knuckle bearings

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
Decided this afternoon I would start installing the parts I've tripping over all winter. Already installed Steeda vertical links and sway bars in the fall. So today I started on the toe knuckle bearings. It took awhile and a combination of tools but I was able to get the first one out. Having a real hard time getting the new one in straight. I ended up backing it out twice and gave up for tonight. Every thing is clean and burr free. I'm following LMRs video I have an Astro Pneumatic ball joint press but it does seem to have the cup / plates sizes needed and a https://lmr.com/item/MM-MMT1/79-04-Mustang-Maximum-Motorsport-Rear-Upper-Control-Arm-Bushing-Tool.

Any tips appreciated I can get some pictures in the daylight if needed
Sponsored

OP
OP
decableguy2000

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
I was able to get it together this morning before the rain started. I came to the conclusion that my ball joint press is a little to beefy for the operation. The bushing tool is a little bit under sized. Found some washers in shop would allow better surface contact with the outer race and clear the in race of the bearing using with the bushing tool. Went in like butter. However in the process using the ball joint press I managed to to damage the inner race of the bearing. Not a big deal I had 2 spares. When I do the the passengers side I will get some pictures of my process.
20200322_120821[1].jpg

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
The name of the game with these and the RLCA bearings is “creativity”. It never goes the way you expect it to and you have to get creative with your tools and your strategy.
Sponsored