Help with direction

Guzman_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 speed
Hey guys hope this is the right sub forum to post this in. I have a 2018 GT with a stock 6 speed trans and I’m looking to turn it into the best FBO mustang w/o going supercharger or turbos. Ideally I want more of a show car that will look good but can still outrun scat packs easily on rolls and maybe digs so no drag wheels in the back. I know that’s a bit of a tall order.

Here is what I have done to it so far: JLT CAI, e85 tune, 2m Fabrication headers (catless), H-pipe to MBRP exhaust, driver and passenger side catch can, Ford performance short throw shifter

wheels are wrapped in Michelin sport all-season tires 275/35/20
wheels are Revolution Racing RF3
Front; 20”x8.5”x+35
Rear; 20”x10”x+45
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
agree with nitrous other wise you need a manifold, cams, and it will daily like crap. you should have left everything stock put on a supercharger kit a it would be smoother, better gas, faster, more dependable. from where you are now just add a 150 shot and your done. you still have to make it look good

OP
OP

Guzman_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 speed
agree with nitrous other wise you need a manifold, cams, and it will daily like crap. you should have left everything stock put on a supercharger kit a it would be smoother, better gas, faster, more dependable. from where you are now just add a 150 shot and your done. you still have to make it look good
1405118B-777A-4F96-A5D2-D07C795BF886.jpeg

already started with cosmetic mods

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Damn straight! Just make sure you have the power to put the haters in their place!

20220102_180726.jpg
I installed true original Neon tubes in 1991 on my mothers 1990 Geo Storm....

Not a hater, but that time has come and gone for me. :)

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
So with everything comes pros and cons. And you have to decide if its worth it for you.

nitrous in my opinion is great for race application or maybe if you do a lot of street racing. But if you are going to ride around with something that is illegal and highly flammable only to use once in a while to me its not worth it. Plus your car will always feel slow without it.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I installed true original Neon tubes in 1991 on my mothers 1990 Geo Storm....

Not a hater, but that time has come and gone for me. :)
I used to put the old neon tubes on everything when I was young too. Hadn't done it to a car in a long time but my daughter loves all the lit up cars at car shows (and so do I) so I told myself I'd do it again to the mustang. I just made sure it was boosted first before I moved on to any ricey mods. I have to say the mustang looks way better lit up than most old cars I did it too. Especially the intercooler glowing through the grill.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Also keep in mind that the smog Nazis troll these forums and what you post on here about your car that you drive on the street is bait for them.