Sponsored

Help us save our dog

Dutch324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Competition Orange Track Pack
Our dog Yezi injured herself the other day trying to leap from the couch and ended up herniating or rupturing a disk in her spine. She isn't really able to walk or stand up anymore. She has been recommended for surgery and we've been told she has a 90% chance of recovering, but my girlfriend and I (both Mustang owners and lovers) are having trouble coming up with the approx. $8,000 needed for her surgery. If anyone has the generosity to donate or help share this elsewhere on the web, we would really appreciate it! The link to our gofundme is below.

Thanks! Alex, Saleen & Yezi

Yezi's surgery fundraiser

IMG_8819.jpg
Sponsored

Farisso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darissa
Vehicle(s)
mustang 6g
Sympathize with you. I also have a dog and our vet clinic insurance covered our dog’s treatment. Do you have one?

carpenj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Please consider doing care credit now so your pup can get treated immediately, and then use the donations to cover the payments. Care Credit, like someone else said, is 0% interest for a pretty long time and it's not hard at all to qualify for. I hope you're able to get her help. I've been there, we had a $6k chemo treatment for a pet (that partially pushed my Mustang purchase back a year), a little over a year ago. It was worth it and I'd still be beating myself up for it if we hadn't done it.

Farisso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darissa
Vehicle(s)
mustang 6g
A loan can be a good solution to cure a dog. My friend has a cat and she received chemotherapy a year ago. It was pretty expensive, but it was worth it. I know that in animals cancer is more difficult to cure than in humans, but there are always chances. I also advise you to prepare in advance for the fact that you will need to replace the food for your dog and perhaps your veterinarian will advise you to give vitamins to your dog in addition to the food. I read on the World Pet Express portal that this helps strengthen the pet's immunity and helps it recover faster. I wish you good luck and keep us informed about your dog’s health!

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Our dog Yezi injured herself the other day trying to leap from the couch and ended up herniating or rupturing a disk in her spine. She isn't really able to walk or stand up anymore. She has been recommended for surgery and we've been told she has a 90% chance of recovering, but my girlfriend and I (both Mustang owners and lovers) are having trouble coming up with the approx. $8,000 needed for her surgery. If anyone has the generosity to donate or help share this elsewhere on the web, we would really appreciate it! The link to our gofundme is below.

Thanks! Alex, Saleen & Yezi

Yezi's surgery fundraiser

IMG_8819.jpg
Really sorry to hear this. She looks so sweet. Our dog, a Papillon herniated a disc in his back about 8 years ago doing a stoppie chasing his ball. His back legs weren’t working and our vet put him on a course of Prednisone and his back end function came back. It has a powerful anti inflammatory effect and helps to bring down the swelling putting the pressure on the spinal cord. Talk to your vet about doing a course of Prednisone before going forward with the surgery. Our dog has had to have Prednisone a few times since because of relapses and pain. It has always worked and gotten him back to normal. He’s 12 and a half now and unfortunately has a splenic mass that he will have surgery for on the 29th.
Good luck and I hope whatever you do provides a good outcome. It’s very stressful dealing with sick furbabies.

OP
OP
Dutch324

Dutch324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey all,

Thank you for the suggestions and sharing your stories! We were able to piece together enough from our fundraiser and get a 0 interest credit card to make it happen for her. She just got back from surgery today and almost has too much energy for her own good! She is like a new dog!

We had her on prednisone and she was definitely showed the most improvement with that. We decided to go ahead with the surgery since the vet said she had a 90-95% chance of normal functioning again, and I'm glad we did. They said she had a huge disk herniation, so I'm guessing that prednisone wouldn't have been able to fix that problem. Even though it was very expensive, it just felt awful thinking about putting an animal down when her chances of success were so good.

Thanks again for the support everyone!

OP
OP
Dutch324

Dutch324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sympathize with you. I also have a dog and our vet clinic insurance covered our dog’s treatment. Do you have one?
What has your experience been with pet insurance, and who do you use? We are strongly considering that now, but have heard mixed results about it.

OP
OP
Dutch324

Dutch324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really sorry to hear this. She looks so sweet. Our dog, a Papillon herniated a disc in his back about 8 years ago doing a stoppie chasing his ball. His back legs weren’t working and our vet put him on a course of Prednisone and his back end function came back. It has a powerful anti inflammatory effect and helps to bring down the swelling putting the pressure on the spinal cord. Talk to your vet about doing a course of Prednisone before going forward with the surgery. Our dog has had to have Prednisone a few times since because of relapses and pain. It has always worked and gotten him back to normal. He’s 12 and a half now and unfortunately has a splenic mass that he will have surgery for on the 29th.
Good luck and I hope whatever you do provides a good outcome. It’s very stressful dealing with sick furbabies.
It is super stressful! I hope your dog's surgery goes well and he is back to normal soon! Our dog is around 12 years old too.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Good for you and best wishes for your dog. Be sure to keep her weight down and follow an antiinflammatory diet as much as possible.

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
492EC039-70B6-4E34-AA3D-DFD36FE14563.jpeg
It is super stressful! I hope your dog's surgery goes well and he is back to normal soon! Our dog is around 12 years old too.
I’m so happy to hear your babies surgery went well. My dog didn’t make it to his surgery date. He got really bad and biopsy showed cancer in his liver as well as the spleen. We had him put down Wednesday. Hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
What has your experience been with pet insurance, and who do you use? We are strongly considering that now, but have heard mixed results about it.
I have Nationwide Pet Insurance as part of my benefits package with my employer. My German Shepherd tore a ligament and had to have surgery. The total bill for the original diagnosis and x-ray ($400) and the surgery ($1,700) was over $2,100. We were reimbursed 90% after the $250 annual deductible, so a little under $1,700. My premium for the policy (payroll deduction) is about $18 per month.

27A9CA18-4413-4D72-8858-B6A0AA5ACD98.jpeg

OP
OP
Dutch324

Dutch324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man...I am so sorry to hear that. That is truly awful. I've had to put down a handful of pets throughout my life and it never gets any easier. I hope you will have many good memories to cherish with your dog!
492EC039-70B6-4E34-AA3D-DFD36FE14563.jpeg

I’m so happy to hear your babies surgery went well. My dog didn’t make it to his surgery date. He got really bad and biopsy showed cancer in his liver as well as the spleen. We had him put down Wednesday. Hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.

OP
OP
Dutch324

Dutch324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have Nationwide Pet Insurance as part of my benefits package with my employer. My German Shepherd tore a ligament and had to have surgery. The total bill for the original diagnosis and x-ray ($400) and the surgery ($1,700) was over $2,100. We were reimbursed 90% after the $250 annual deductible, so a little under $1,700. My premium for the policy (payroll deduction) is about $18 per month.

27A9CA18-4413-4D72-8858-B6A0AA5ACD98.jpeg
Thank you! We looked at so many companies, Nationwide included, and decided on Embrace pet insurance. 90% coverage as well. I hope it will help make this situation easier if another accident occurs.

And most of all, I'm glad your dog got the care he/she needed and I hope they recover soon!
Sponsored