Help my mustang stalled and it doesn't start or crank

erickv354

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt premium plus
I was leaving my driveway and my 2019 mustang gt 6 speed stalled, I tried to turn it on again but literally, all the warning lights came on like power steering assist fault, hill start assist fault, drive mode unavailable, exhaust mode unavailable, overheating cross-traffic system fault, and blind system fault. I pressed the clutch in and pressed the start button but all I heard was a click in the passenger footwell all accessories turn on but the car doesn't crank.
Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I would test the battery. Recently after not driving the car for a month it barely started and I had all sorts of odd warning lights until I unhooked the battery and dumped the memory.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Call Ford roadside service and say come pick up this piece of crap haha.
#thewarrantylife

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
sound like a battery to me also How old is it

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
What with all the constant on electrics, I keep my GT on a float charger. Similar to that which I had on my Harley. Have you checked the fluid level in the battery?

OP
OP

erickv354

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
I replaced the battery but nothing changed, all the warning lights are still there. But I think the PCM erased itself since I replaced the battery

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
As cold as it is right now where you are, I'm not surprised. You may have to have it towed to Auto Nation Ford.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Not a battery expert, but will say there is better than a 50/50 chance it's sealed.

Believe I saw that when I wired the pink tail for the charger.
Breast Cancer Awareness ............ Way cool ! :rockon:

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hopefully it's nothing major. My neighbor was driving a brand new Chevy Silverado down a major road, all of the lights came on like yours and his car died. The dealer took tons of things apart, replaced the entire computer and it still wouldn't start. They couldnt figure it out. He got another one then sold it. Hopefully that's not how yours ends up.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
If the car had enought juice to star,
Breast Cancer Awareness ............ Way cool ! :rockon:
Don't do breast cancer.
Your fast I deleted the post cause I saw the thread light up & bailed..LOL

And op said bat was replaced

OP
OP

erickv354

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
The car first started and I let it warm up for 10 minutes and as I was driving out of my driveway in first gear and it stalled, I can hear a loud click in my passengers footwell where the fuse box is but I have no idea what caused it.

OP
OP

erickv354

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully it's nothing major. My neighbor was driving a brand new Chevy Silverado down a major road, all of the lights came on like yours and his car died. The dealer took tons of things apart, replaced the entire computer and it still wouldn't start. They couldnt figure it out. He got another one then sold it. Hopefully, that's not how yours ends up.
I hope but I purchased my car as a preowned certified I doubt ford will replace my car even though it still under manufacture warranty

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sounds like the starter isn't engaging. The click is the relay to turn on the starter circuit, but it's either not energizing, the starter isn't moving the bendix, or the motor locked up and god himself couldn't turn it over. Hopefully not the latter, but stranger things have happened. Possibly rodent damage causing an electrical issue was well. Let the dealer figure it out.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Hopefully it's nothing major. My neighbor was driving a brand new Chevy Silverado down a major road, all of the lights came on like yours and his car died. The dealer took tons of things apart, replaced the entire computer and it still wouldn't start. They couldnt figure it out. He got another one then sold it. Hopefully that's not how yours ends up.
I hope but I purchased my car as a preowned certified I doubt ford will replace my car even though it still under manufacture warranty
It will probably never come to a buy back situation
But if it does I don't think the fact you bought it used makes a difference. As long as you're still under warranty, certainly the original warranty and quite possibly the CPO portion, I believe you can do a buy back.
If memory serves I believe I read of someone buying a buy-back car and later having Ford buy it back again.
But you're way too early to be worried about that yet.
Sponsored