Sponsored

Help me with my cars alignment

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
I have steeda progressive lowering springs. BMR cradle lockout. Steeda diff bushings. BMR vertical links. The problem is my car was moving left and right over bumps with the direction of the road. And my tires were wearing unevenly on the insides. Got a couple alignments and it still happened. I read it’s pretty common with lowering springs so I got the steeda bunpsteer kit put on the car recently. It drives better over bumps and the car doesn’t really move much like it used to left to right but the steering wheel still moves back and forth sometimes. I’ve had lowering springs for about 3 years now and this didn’t happen the first year of having them. My question is, is there a custom alignment I need with lowering springs. Specifically the steeda progressives? Right now I keep telling them to align it to factory specs.

Thanks
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I have steeda progressive lowering springs. BMR cradle lockout. Steeda diff bushings. BMR vertical links. The problem is my car was moving left and right over bumps with the direction of the road. And my tires were wearing unevenly on the insides. Got a couple alignments and it still happened. I read it’s pretty common with lowering springs so I got the steeda bunpsteer kit put on the car recently. It drives better over bumps and the car doesn’t really move much like it used to left to right but the steering wheel still moves back and forth sometimes. I’ve had lowering springs for about 3 years now and this didn’t happen the first year of having them. My question is, is there a custom alignment I need with lowering springs. Specifically the steeda progressives? Right now I keep telling them to align it to factory specs.

Thanks
Please post your latest alignment sheet if you can.

Without seeing your numbers, I'll give some general advice:

1) Put your left elbow onto the arm rest (acts as a brace) and use your left hand only to hold the steering wheel while the car is in motion. By doing this you can see/feel if the wheel is really moving from the bumps or if the limpness in your dangling arms are just reacting to bumps (bumps that are now more fierce with a tighter spring).

2) Give your front wheels a touch of toe-in (.05 to .1 or so). Toe-out will for sure cause tramlining / odd steering sensations.

3) As far as wear on the inside of the tire, if you have the stock Pirellis then it's not too odd (even with a perfect factory alignment) to see these wear patterns. If you have extreme wear, then maybe you have far too much toe. The negative camber you gain from lowering on the progressives is doubtful to cause bad wear unless your alignment isn't correct.

4) If you've added wheel spacers/adapters to the front wheels, then ditch them. They may look good, but they only hurt the handling effort and steering inputs. If you have adapters on the rear you can ditch those too; save up for properly backspaced wheels.

Hope this helps a bit,

- Mike