Sponsored

Help Me Pick Wheels!

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Opt 2, but 19x10 square. Or 18x10 square. Then buy a drag setup when you increase power.

I think you'll find, if you hang out in the autocross/track areas, no one runs 20s. It's 18s usually, or 19s, and a short, stiff sidewall for handling.

Are you planning on running auto cross ?

On the street I loved the move to 20s and I see 20s on plenty of Porsches and the new Z06
Yes them tall rims suck
Sponsored

OP
OP
RowdyS197

RowdyS197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Avery
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Are you planning on running auto cross ?

On the street I loved the move to 20s and I see 20s on plenty of Porsches and the new Z06
Yes them tall rims suck
I live pretty close to PPIR so she'll probably see her fair share of track days. I've never done autocross, but I'll likely try it this summer.

Now that you mention it putting DR's on wheels i plan to take to the track seems kind of silly.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Option 2 all day long.

OP
OP
RowdyS197

RowdyS197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Avery
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Option 2 all day long.
Thanks for the input! Honestly it seems like both are good options haha it just may come to down pricing. I could buy the sve's and then maybe do some brake upgrades or just buy the sm-10's...decisions decisions 🤔

Sponsored

Jay87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I just got some EC-7s for my 21. And your right, the all-in cost after tires hurt a bit.

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a 2018 PP1 in Orange Fury that I'm trying to pick wheels for.

Option 1: Mach 1 HP replicas
Option 2: Apex SM-10's in black (19x9 for the front and 18x11 for the rear)

What do you guys think? I'm pretty torn between options 1 & 2, but I'm open to suggestions.

The Car: Sorry for the bad picture.

20220610_202202 (1).jpg
The deciding factor for me would be weight, but they’re close enough.

I have 2 sets of APEX EC-7’s. No issues, great service. LMR is very good too though. That’s where I get my rotors.

I saw some discussion in this thread on brake dust. Yes, the OEM pads dust a good deal, but they work well and are quiet. I had Hawk HP+’s, and they dusted much less but they eat rotors like crazy. I’m on G-LOC R12 & R10 now. If you think the OEMs are dusty…they are nowhere as bad as these pads. And the G-LOCs are much noisier.

OP
OP
RowdyS197

RowdyS197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Avery
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
The deciding factor for me would be weight, but they’re close enough.

I have 2 sets of APEX EC-7’s. No issues, great service. LMR is very good too though. That’s where I get my rotors.

I saw some discussion in this thread on brake dust. Yes, the OEM pads dust a good deal, but they work well and are quiet. I had Hawk HP+’s, and they dusted much less but they eat rotors like crazy. I’m on G-LOC R12 & R10 now. If you think the OEMs are dusty…they are nowhere as bad as these pads. And the G-LOCs are much noisier.
Thanks for everyone's input! I think I'm going to go with option 1 and do some brake upgrades with the money I saved.
Sponsored