Sponsored

Help me in choosing my next mustang, gt or ecoboost?

Roice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
Is350 F sport, Accord 3.5, brz
Hello and to begin with, I have to admit that I am new to these pony or muscles cars that came from the US I'm more of a JDM type of guy but this month I'm planning to have my first mustang since it is available here in the Philippines but I'm torn between choosing a 2nd hand mustang s550 v8 6at with performance pack (2015-2017) or a brand new ecoboost s550 with the ten speed also with the performance pack (2021), upon researching and comparing the two I am unable to arrive to a decision since I live in a community with hellish type condition of traffic I saw the eco boost as a more feasible car and I can just compensate the performance with a 97 octane gasoline but of course a mustang should always have a v8 soul and I presume the mustang with the v8 will be a experience that I will cherish for a lifetime so with this, considering the fuel, maintenance and feasibility of such I need your expert opinions and experience and hopefully this month I could join this community of mustang owners. Thankyou very much in advance
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I like ecoboost, but if budget isn’t an issue, go double the cylinders

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hello and to begin with, I have to admit that I am new to these pony or muscles cars that came from the US I'm more of a JDM type of guy but this month I'm planning to have my first mustang since it is available here in the Philippines but I'm torn between choosing a 2nd hand mustang s550 v8 6at with performance pack (2015-2017) or a brand new ecoboost s550 with the ten speed also with the performance pack (2021), upon researching and comparing the two I am unable to arrive to a decision since I live in a community with hellish type condition of traffic I saw the eco boost as a more feasible car and I can just compensate the performance with a 97 octane gasoline but of course a mustang should always have a v8 soul and I presume the mustang with the v8 will be a experience that I will cherish for a lifetime so with this, considering the fuel, maintenance and feasibility of such I need your expert opinions and experience and hopefully this month I could join this community of mustang owners. Thankyou very much in advance
You answered your own question.

Have fun in your GT!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2017 GT and is amazing car for sure but buying used is not great because most of the time this cars are beaten on. I have seen my fair share of crahsed, flooded etc 2017 GT's so my advice for pease of mind get a new Ecoboost I know is more money but the fact that you will know the story of the car is important also the Ecoboost is much more economical and the difference in performance is not that big. The guys buy the V8 mostly for sound but sound is problem if you are daily driving it as it could get annoying been obnoxiously loud inside all the time. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
he guys buy the V8 mostly for sound but sound is problem if you are daily driving it as it could get annoying been obnoxiously loud inside all the time.
the sound problem is not because it's V8 but rather the despicable lack of taste by people selecting their aftermarket exhausts.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If budget is a concern, absolutely buy a used car.
The new car will depreciate much faster than a 1-5 yr older car.

Secondly, if budget is a concern, buy a V8 used in a lower trim package (avoid leather). Dont buy a turbo 4cyl that drags around the heavy S550 chassis designed to support a V8.

V8 used are in much higher demand anywhere (even you yourself wont consider a used 4cyl mustang).

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I like a V8 powered Mustang , but I feel the Ecoboost Mustang just has a cleaner look to it. The grill in the Ecoboost reminds me of the custom grills of the 1950 -1960 model cars. The turbo on the four cylinder makes the engine in the Ecoboost perform like some V8 powered cars.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
the sound problem is not because it's V8 but rather the despicable lack of taste by people selecting their aftermarket exhausts.
No I mean after the 2nd to 3rd hour of driving I'm annoyed with my V8 sound (stock). Which wasn't the case when I was driving a Ecoboost from Vegas to SF.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
No I mean after the 2nd to 3rd hour of driving I'm annoyed with my V8 sound (stock). Which wasn't the case when I was driving a Ecoboost from Vegas to SF.
Maybe it's the dumb sound tube thing that pipes in the intake sounds that is getting to you. Might want to plug the hole and see if that make a diff.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
But I want everyone in my entire city of 3 million to hear me while I drive down the street at 40mph, come on now.

My car is actually pretty loud with a 3 inch muffler delete, but I left everything else alone. Never had anyone say it sounded raspy, annoying, or anything other than awesome. I even had a mormon family out for a walk in the neighborhood ask me to rev it, lol.

Now those dudebros running catless 3 inch straight pipes? Yeah that's just ear rape.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
V8

when I bought mine it was either V8 or nothing. My ego is to fragile yo drive a 4 cylinder Mustang :) even though the ecoboost is a pretty awesome car and more affordable.

and every time you start the car you hear that awesome V8 and your glad you found the extra money to make it happen.
Sponsored

Last edited: