Help line lock

BonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Esteban
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have a 2019 mustang GT base PP1. I have tried using the line lock but ran into a issue. I make sure the car steering wheel is straight and that I am on a flat level surface. Below are the steps I have taken to engage it.

1. turn off traction control.
2. Go to track apps and click on the line lock setting.
3. Mash on the brake until all the bars come up and it gives me the countdown.

As soon as I press ok to begin it immediately tells me to go over the manual. I purchased the vehicle used without the manual. I recently noticed my driver side wheel has a malfunctioning sensor. Could the be the cause for it not working? Thanks for your help I went off the steps on the ford website too.
Sponsored

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Don't let your foot back even a millimeter on the brake pedal before clicking ok, that has gotten me a few times.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
A bad ABS sensor could definitely cause issues with line lock, id get that fixed asap because it also causes advance trac issues

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'll probably never use that feature, but out of curiosity, once it's engaged, do you need to keep the left foot on the brake or not? Just curious. Hope nobody tried that crap on my car when it was test-driven. Ha ha.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'll probably never use that feature, but out of curiosity, once it's engaged, do you need to keep the left foot on the brake or not? Just curious. Hope nobody tried that crap on my car when it was test-driven. Ha ha.
no. Line lock, locks the brakes. It’s a show trick or if you actually track your car

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Line lock, locks the brakes. It’s a show trick or if you actually track your car
Yeah, I know. But my question was how do you release it once engaged? Read the manual, but not much detail after pressing the 'ok' button, for what I remember.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I used mine once just to try it, once engaged, you have to keep holding the OK button. When you release the button it disengages.

FatPat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yeah, I know. But my question was how do you release it once engaged? Read the manual, but not much detail after pressing the 'ok' button, for what I remember.
Once engaged it's on a timer, I think 10 or 15 seconds. It will automatically disengage after that. Or you can press the ok button at any time to disengage, this can be done while tires are spinning, so be careful.

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Once engaged it's on a timer, I think 10 or 15 seconds. It will automatically disengage after that. Or you can press the ok button at any time to disengage, this can be done while tires are spinning, so be careful.
then you wouldn’t have to hold the ok button...?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I used mine once just to try it, once engaged, you have to keep holding the OK button. When you release the button it disengages.
I use mine at the strip with zero issue but never hold the OK button like you say. Press it engage and once done with the burn out, press it to release.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
tried to roll out of it before?
Not sure what you mean. It is on a 15 second timer but I never do my burnout that long. I hit the OK to release it in the water but keep spinning until I am on dry track so the tires are 100% dry and hot.
Sponsored