OP

sunfigt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guelo
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium PP
I made an appointment with TJ to be at the Pompano location on Friday (Work Permitting). Hopefully we can get everything sorted out right there.

Call Steeda @ 954-960-0774 ask for Mike D
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I made an appointment with TJ to be at the Pompano location on Friday (Work Permitting). Hopefully we can get everything sorted out right there.
You will be taken care of & you can report back to this thread as to how it was handled - shot you a note regarding your contact info. Send me your phone number so we can everything squared away when you arrive.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP

sunfigt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guelo
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium PP
Just so everyone is up to date! I will be driving to Pompano on Friday (Again, work permitting-fingers crossed). I will post the outcome, An I hope the outcome isn't that the problem is the guy behind the wheel!!! LoL (stolen from my dad's jokes)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I know my problems usually are... like 14.X quarter mile times the first time I went to a drag strip after I first got the car. In a 435 HP GT Mustang...

Sponsored

OP
OP

sunfigt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guelo
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium PP
HI Guys,

The results are in!!!! I made it to Steeda yesterday and they really took good care of me. Mike D and Adam where waiting forme and Mike quickly jumped in my car and we went for a ride. He describe the cars behavior as "bunny hop". The car went straight to the lift and sure enough it was running on the bumpstops. Steve (the mechanic) took the dust boot off the rear shocks and let the car sit on its weight. That's how we confirmed it.
The bump stop was not being compressed but it was definitely touching the shock. Therefore there was no compression travel that the bumpstop was not affecting the rebound. Technically the car being pushed up in every compression by the bumpstop.

Since I had installed the Ford Racing Bumpstops they discussed how much to cut from it.The decision was to cut it right at the first rib after the plastic ring they have. I let Adam know that I thought that step number 20 in the instructions could have a side note saying that cutting the bumpstop also applies to the FRPP ones. (I attached a picture that shows where to cut it).

The car is stiff but like someone said before it is still compliant and it absorbs all road imperfections really well.

I asked them to check my alignment as well and we all agreed that the guy that align my car earlier didn't had a clue of what he was doing. We also added the camber plates to really dial in the numbers.

All in all, Steeda guys really good at what they do and their customer service is top notch. they really wanted me to be happy with their product.

** Lessons learned: BUMPSTOP HAVE TO BE TRIMMED weather it is the OEM or FR ones **

Let me know if you have questions I'll try to answer them!!!
Bumpstop2.PNG

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Very professional of steeda taking care of you. My understanding was you need trim it from the bottom not the top progressive section.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Excellent. Glad it worked out and I'm glad said "analysis" took place before just cutting away.

My only concern at this point is upward wheel travel and wheel well clearance. Trimming too much can get you into trouble - surely Steeda took this into account for your specific application but for the new guy with a different setup, care must be taken here - a case where more is very likely not better. The proper way to measure this is to remove spring and fully compress suspension, with wheel mounted, and see when/if/where the tire begins to hit the chassis. Sometimes we install a "packer" to limit max travel - hard plastic rings of a specific thickness such that when combined with a fully compressed bumpstop, a precise 'hard stop' is created.

OP - let us know how you like the setup after a few more days. I'm pretty much set on Steeda shocks and BMR 89/82 springs but am always interested in unbiased, candid input from mature indivuals about various setups.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sunfigt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guelo
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium PP
I will report back on a few days since I will be driving back to georgia 6 hours. And since it is the same trip i hated a week before, i should have a good comparison... plus I will be making the trip with the wife who have higher standards than i do...
Just to clarify, we did trim the "soft section of it" not the top. That way you can use the factory dust boot. Otherwise the boot cannot hold its place. ** the bompstop in the picture is upside down but is the only picture i found **

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
HI Guys,

The results are in!!!! I made it to Steeda yesterday and they really took good care of me. Mike D and Adam where waiting forme and Mike quickly jumped in my car and we went for a ride. He describe the cars behavior as "bunny hop". The car went straight to the lift and sure enough it was running on the bumpstops. Steve (the mechanic) took the dust boot off the rear shocks and let the car sit on its weight. That's how we confirmed it.
The bump stop was not being compressed but it was definitely touching the shock. Therefore there was no compression travel that the bumpstop was not affecting the rebound. Technically the car being pushed up in every compression by the bumpstop.

Since I had installed the Ford Racing Bumpstops they discussed how much to cut from it.The decision was to cut it right at the first rib after the plastic ring they have. I let Adam know that I thought that step number 20 in the instructions could have a side note saying that cutting the bumpstop also applies to the FRPP ones. (I attached a picture that shows where to cut it).

The car is stiff but like someone said before it is still compliant and it absorbs all road imperfections really well.

I asked them to check my alignment as well and we all agreed that the guy that align my car earlier didn't had a clue of what he was doing. We also added the camber plates to really dial in the numbers.

All in all, Steeda guys really good at what they do and their customer service is top notch. they really wanted me to be happy with their product.

** Lessons learned: BUMPSTOP HAVE TO BE TRIMMED weather it is the OEM or FR ones **

Let me know if you have questions I'll try to answer them!!!
Great to hear. The Steeda crew are amazing folks.

roadracergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I will report back on a few days since I will be driving back to georgia 6 hours. And since it is the same trip i hated a week before, i should have a good comparison... plus I will be making the trip with the wife who have higher standards than i do...
Just to clarify, we did trim the "soft section of it" not the top. That way you can use the factory dust boot. Otherwise the boot cannot hold its place. ** the bompstop in the picture is upside down but is the only picture i found **
Since your bump stops are now in order, make sure you run your shocks on full soft for ride home. I bet your wife will be pleased.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Very professional of steeda taking care of you. My understanding was you need trim it from the bottom not the top progressive section.
Does trimming the bump stop increase the "spring rate" of the stop? To your point Niz55, I can't imagine we want to be super close to the plastic ring on the stop - seems like it would contribute to a harsh ride.

OP
OP

sunfigt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guelo
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium PP
It will contribute to a harder "stop" but in this aplication it frees up your free travel range.
Sponsored