Sponsored

Help identifying issue with high revs...

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'm old enough to have seen your avatar character in first run Saturday cartoons. Just call me Pops.
Define old LOL. I'm in my late 20s and I got to see the majority of speed racer. That movie holds a special place in my heart, too. It never fails to get me excited.
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
That was my first thought as well, although not an expert. I’ll take it in to have a look. The transmission seal has already been replaced after I found a leak a couple of months ago.
Definitely not a bad idea, especially if you're still under warranty. I know the clutch isn't covered but there is the chance it's a defect causing it. At the least you'll get a ecu flash.

OP
OP
Lb353

Lb353

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
If the revs are staying high on a 5-6 shift is the shift really occurring.
Interesting. However, the revs do come down dramatically after the short high revs. I went out again this morning and opened it up, shifted from 5th to 6th, clean shift, as soon as I released the clutch pedal the revs fell quickly as if the air or fuel was somewhat temporarily cut off. But, this occurs sometimes and the other times the revs spike as if something was stuck. What’s strange is under normal easy driving, lol, this never occurs. I am taking her to Steeda in a couple of weeks to get the 2018 IM, tune, new shifter, so I will ask them what they think.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Completely missed the part about the revs dropping after lol I was just thinking maybe it just wasn’t going into 6th.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Define old LOL. I'm in my late 20s and I got to see the majority of speed racer. That movie holds a special place in my heart, too. It never fails to get me excited.
......old enough to have seen it in first run on US television. 1967 or so. From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Racer "The English rights to Mach GoGoGo were acquired by syndicator Trans-Lux (which originally was, and still exists as, an electronics manufacturer), and Speed Racer premiered on American television in the fall of 1967."

You do the math....LOL

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I've heard that somewhere the "governor" kicks in and pulls timing at a certain speed? Maybe 155 mph? Maybe you're hitting this?

OP
OP
Lb353

Lb353

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I've heard that somewhere the "governor" kicks in and pulls timing at a certain speed? Maybe 155 mph? Maybe you're hitting this?[/QUOTE
I e heard this too, I think it kicks in around 130, maybe less. This could be the reason for the rpm drop, thanks.
Sponsored