Sponsored

Help finding a A/O Separator Screw

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I lost one of my FoMoCo Performance air/oil separator screws and want to know if anyone knows how to source a replacement?

The screw is a 4mm allen head A2-70 M5-0.8 25mm screw with two built in washers. There are four on the A/O separator that hold the top in place (this is the Ford Performance Part: M-6766-A50S Mustang GT350 Oil Separator). One of them fell when I was checking the inside, and is gone. Here is a picture of one of my remaining screws for reference...

IMG_4272.jpg
IMG_4271.jpg
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
What is the UHL (under head length)?

OP
OP
datadatum

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
What is the UHL (under head length)?
LOL - of course I just put the screw back in the car. Give me 5 minutes to go back out, remove, measure, and then edit this post...

EDIT: if Iā€™m measuring correctly, looks like about 20mm (including the washers)

Last edited:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Easiest fix for me would be to hit a hardware store for a close enough match.
You could change out all four if the subtle difference bothers you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
datadatum

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Easiest fix for me would be to hit a hardware store for a close enough match.
You could change out all four if the subtle difference bothers you.
Thanks! I have found something very similar on Amazon, it just doesnā€™t have the built in washers. Iā€™ll get that if nobody knows how to source the same part.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
So it looks as though you have a UHL of 20mm and a head or 5mm tall. UHL is critical and many vendors cause confusion when it comes to length because of it.

I think the brand of fastener that FP used here was Holo-Krome and you can get them from Fastenal. Note - photo may not be representative of the actual fastener.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/MS2540020A20000
https://www.fastenal.com/content/product_specifications/HK.M.SHCS.4762.A2-70.00.pdf

I prefer McMaster-Carr...

https://www.mcmaster.com/91292A128

I don't see stainless socket headed cap screws with integral washers so these must have been a specialty order from HK to FP. You can size them and add them yourself no doubt.

OP
OP
datadatum

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I don't see stainless socket headed cap screws with integral washers so these must have been a specialty order from HK to FP. You can size them and add them yourself no doubt.
Thanks for the research, this is very helpful (and educational regarding the fastener websites)!

Bummer regarding the part likely being special order - but perhaps not too surprising. FP has a bin somewhere with 100,000 of these just laying around.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
The day after you replace this you will find the old one lying on the garage floor.

OP
OP
datadatum

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
The day after you replace this you will find the old one lying on the garage floor.
LOL - you know it! Like the matching sock you find after you already threw out the lonely survivor.

[I think it is truly gone, though. Lost it about a year ago, and replaced it with a non-matching machine screw. It's been nagging at me to replace it for a long time, and I finally got around to finding the part number today. Of course, there was no part number (that I could find)... thus this thread.]

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
OP
OP
datadatum

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
https://www.ebay.com/i/182765892275...It7jiJoQoaibsJuj6XJhNHeJJ0SA0lcxoCqV4QAvD_BwE

There are multiple vendors on ebay...US located as well, which will cost a little more.

PS> Order a magnetic tray to keep those suckers in while you are working!
Nice! I found a vendor selling 10 of the items that Epiphany referenced, for $5 shipped. Now I'll replace all of mine, and sell the extras to butterfingered GT350 owners like myself. :)

Cool - captive washers! Wish we could find those in stainless steel...
Sponsored