Help a girl out!

Mom’sRide3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amanda
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Hello! So I have a 2018 Shelby GT350. I want different wheels and prefer them to NOT be staggered. I like the staggered but honestly, this is my “drive everyday” car and I’m not too keen on buying new tires every 25K miles. I do not track her. Just like knowing I have the power when I need it and she’s fun to drive! I would like 20”. So my question(s) would be.....what are my minimum and maximum width options without having to do major, or any really, modifications? What offset? (I like how my the factory wheel sit, just not sure if offset would be same for 20”.) Every website I look at says “not available”. Speaking to people hasn’t really helped either and I even spoke with Ford Performance! I know it can be done! I just do not have the mechanical knowledge needed to make this purchase decision. Hoping one of you gurus would be willing to share your wisdom with me. Also, any other information needed to get the right fit would be greatly appreciated as well. I know bolt pattern. But that’s about it! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
20s will make it handle worse and the rims will be heavier. Are you sure you want that?

OP
OP
Mom’sRide3

Mom’sRide3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amanda
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Well, I don’t think I’m concerned about the weight of the wheels. As far as handling goes, are we talking drastic difference or just a little? And thank you for your reply.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just comes down to how much you want to spend. There are definitely 20” options out there for you, and there are plenty of 20” wheels that will outperform factory Ford 19” wheels. The offset you’d need would depend on the width of the wheels and will vary from stock since you’re looking to go with a square wheel/tire package. I’d try contacting @Paul@PKAUTODESIGN , @CarlosMRRDesignWheels , @VibeMotorsports or a similar establishment and I’m sure they could get you squared away with something that fits your needs

OP
OP
Mom’sRide3

Mom’sRide3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amanda
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Just comes down to how much you want to spend. There are definitely 20” options out there for you, and there are plenty of 20” wheels that will outperform factory Ford 19” wheels. The offset you’d need would depend on the width of the wheels and will vary from stock since you’re looking to go with a square wheel/tire package. I’d try contacting @Paul@PKAUTODESIGN , @CarlosMRRDesignWheels , @VibeMotorsports or a similar establishment and I’m sure they could get you squared away with something that fits your needs
Thank you so very much for that contact information. I will start reaching out to them TODAY! Much appreciated!

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey

MNTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
-17 EB PP Recaro MT82, -77 Carrera 3.0, -91 190E 2.3
Amanda,
you're in really good hands with Paul;
I've met him and i can very much vouch he's the real deal;
a total car guy/nut with a taste for both Mustangs and Shelbys.

My input - be aware of adding a ton of unsprung weight.
On the other hand - since you're not a track rat, canyon carver or weekend racer - you'll be just and perfectly fine;
you have an extremely capable car (regardless if you technically make it a bit "worse" than stock).

You can definitely go w a square set up, with or without spacers (again, a slight caution w massive front spacers..)

If you like the look of 20's; throw some money at it and do it - get help from a pro like Paul and smile driving a car that's yours and you love.

Also;
If you're interested in selling your wheels and tires as-is - I'm very-very interested.
(I'm sort of your complete opposite and am looking for more grip and sticky fast wearing rubber... :)

//
Daniel

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mom’sRide3

Mom’sRide3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amanda
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Amanda,
you're in really good hands with Paul;
I've met him and i can very much vouch he's the real deal;
a total car guy/nut with a taste for both Mustangs and Shelbys.

My input - be aware of adding a ton of unsprung weight.
On the other hand - since you're not a track rat, canyon carver or weekend racer - you'll be just and perfectly fine;
you have an extremely capable car (regardless if you technically make it a bit "worse" than stock).

You can definitely go w a square set up, with or without spacers (again, a slight caution w massive front spacers..)

If you like the look of 20's; throw some money at it and do it - get help from a pro like Paul and smile driving a car that's yours and you love.

Also;
If you're interested in selling your wheels and tires as-is - I'm very-very interested.
(I'm sort of your complete opposite and am looking for more grip and sticky fast wearing rubber... :)

//
Daniel
I have left Paul a message. I’m ready to hand this job off to him for sure! I’m getting more and more frustrated every day. I don’t even know what a spacer is!! And at this point I don’t want to know! What I do know is....I LOVE my car! It’s my dream car! In my favorite color. And it’s a running beast! I think I may go for a less than leisurely cruise to release my frustrations. Thanks for the reassurance regarding Paul. That does make me feel somewhat better! As for current wheels and tires, you’ll be the first person I’ll inform should I sell them. Thanks again.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Amanda, i know @MNTL said he's interested in your setup. If he doesn't buy them, let me know. I might be interested. And I'm much closer, I'm in KC!