Hellion Twin Turbo 9.28 Pass

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Congratulations i been waiting to see what these Hellion kits would run. I had talked to the guys at Hellion at the NMRA race and MIR and said they hadn't gotten a chance to go to the track just yet.

Man i just might have to sell my race car and setup the 15 to take over for the 91.
Sponsored

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Awesome run, would love to know what your suspension mods are and race weight.

OP
OP

g4dadon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
twin turbo gt
Awesome run, would love to know what your suspension mods are and race weight.
Only suspension mods are BMR's cradle lockouts and lowering springs that's it! Never weigh it but its a 401a premium car with absolutely nothing taken out of it. i've been a best of 1.31 60' with it so far.

OP
OP

g4dadon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
twin turbo gt
Started off with a shaftmasters driveshaft but broke it at the welds at the tranny. Now running a DSS Carbon Fiber one the Halfshafts are FRPP units.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Shoot ,so looks like you need drive shaft mod on the auto after all ?
I was hoping I could go 9's with the stocker( and half shafts ). Lol
I think heinz did in his procharger car.

Did you ever use the Transbrake ?
Would you mind sharing your technique for those crazy 60 ft times?
Are you stalling the converter ?

Also heard something finally broke in the engine .
Can you share and what are you doing for a replacement ?

Thanks again for being a pioneer !

OP
OP

g4dadon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
twin turbo gt
You can go high 9's with all stock drivetrain as some are doing it already but not to sure how long. Being I was shooting for high 8's I had a lot of horsepowa thrown at it and knew it was sure to break as it did. No transbrake is being used only a 2 step running a 3c converter. 2400 launch rpm works pretty good for me. Yeah she finally decided the rods just couldn't take anymore and windowed the block, oil pan etc lol. 17psi and -1400 da don't play to well with the stock engine. I build all my own engines dubbed (SHELDONATORS) so I may build a billet rodded engine and I will be giving the cylinder supports a try to get a true test of how well they hold up in a high horsepower stock block. I don't mind trying new things and reporting the results! I really enjoy being a pioneer for all to follow. Thanks

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
The hell of a run!!

Any suspension mods ?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thanks man and wow!
Definitely appreciate all the pioneering work and your willingness to share .
Definitely need a red cape ...... And you can build your own engines too!!
Do you build for yourself only? May be you can help me build my orginal block.

I am still trying to see if I can get into the 9's on race gas with my alluminator .
before deciding on a fuel system for E85
How were you making 17 psi.Wastegate springs ? Or boost controller ?
I have the 10.5 springs and intilally it made 14 psi but lately I have been seeing up to 18-20 psi .Only difference being I hooked up the boost controller again-
The manual was all the way out and the GFB it still does not work.

It ran 10.3 @133 (it was making 14 psi)with the 93 tune (usually 93 plus Torco).Timing was 14-16 and fuel looks good (injectors are ID1000 and KB pump).I have a circle D 3 B/2 step and best 60 ft is 1.56 on 28' inch MT R,s
I have Viking shocks and transbrake that will have to wait till next year .
Did not get a chance to run the race gas tune before the tracks closed .
I may need to go down to the 9 psi wastgate springs and then turn it up as needed with the boost controller .
I am going to get ion dyno to see what it makes @16-18 psi on the race gas tune.
I am thinking it has to make at least 800 rwhp to run 9's -In 500- 2000 ft DA( range around here)

Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
You can go high 9's with all stock drivetrain as some are doing it already but not to sure how long. Being I was shooting for high 8's I had a lot of horsepowa thrown at it and knew it was sure to break as it did. No transbrake is being used only a 2 step running a 3c converter. 2400 launch rpm works pretty good for me. Yeah she finally decided the rods just couldn't take anymore and windowed the block, oil pan etc lol. 17psi and -1400 da don't play to well with the stock engine. I build all my own engines dubbed (SHELDONATORS) so I may build a billet rodded engine and I will be giving the cylinder supports a try to get a true test of how well they hold up in a high horsepower stock block. I don't mind trying new things and reporting the results! I really enjoy being a pioneer for all to follow. Thanks
What RPM were you turning with your setup. Just curious if you think that may have anything to do with the rod failure. I have heard people are turning +7700rpm with +800whp. I know the GT500 rods look pathetic but people made good power as long as they kept the rpm low.

OP
OP

g4dadon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
twin turbo gt
I turn to 76 to 7700 rpm's. You seem to have the setup to go 9's very easily. I use a boost leash controller and I only run a 3lb spring, the controller does the rest.
Sponsored