Hellion turbo kit experiences ?

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I am in the process of looking for a mustang too. From what i have been reading on here for the past 1.5 years, turbo is the way to go for horsepower and supercharger is less maintenance. I am gearing toward whipple even though I lived in the same city as Hellion. I can go to his place in less than 15 min driving. I think whipple is more simple then turbo. i would always want the car to be at the max power all the time when I am driving, so I don't have the need to turn down the boost even if I have turbo. English is my second language, so I don't know if I am making any sense here. what I trying to say is if the car have a 1000 hp want that at all time. I don't want to dial it down or dial up.
If you have ever driven a very high HP car on the street, you will quickly see the appeal of being able freely switch from gate pressure to higher boost. Having 1k hp is great on paper but is useless on unprepared surfaces. With a boost controller you can tame the car down instantly for regular use or back up if you happen to find your self in "Mexico ". A supercharger you are stuck at what ever that pully is doing for you.
Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you have ever driven a very high HP car on the street, you will quickly see the appeal of being able freely switch from gate pressure to higher boost. Having 1k hp is great on paper but is useless on unprepared surfaces. With a boost controller you can tame the car down instantly for regular use or back up if you happen to find your self in "Mexico ". A supercharger you are stuck at what ever that pully is doing for you.
This is exactly right, 1,000+ whp needs drag radials to hook and shit happens so fast it’s not even fun to drive. With a boost controller you can pull power down to 800 or so which is still fast and can be enjoyable

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
so with the boost controller, is the tune set for the highest boost psi and that covers all the psi levels below it? trying to understand the relationship between psi and tune.
Yeah, one tune works for all boost levels.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Yeah, I see your points. To me I will never get to that level , so I will never have to worry about turn it up or down. My plan is just slap on a basic supercharger and that’s it.

Sponsored

FlamesOfWater99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry 2008
car

My 2018 is my fifth Hellion car.....if you ever saw the kits from the other companies you would never consider anything other than the Hellion

everything fits...no cutting....everything labeled and they go very fast!!
2018 hellion kit.JPG
Outstanding! How do these Hellion Sleeper kit Mustangs function as daily drivers, driving across country and MPG? Would love to hear!

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
This is exactly right, 1,000+ whp needs drag radials to hook and shit happens so fast it’s not even fun to drive. With a boost controller you can pull power down to 800 or so which is still fast and can be enjoyable
This is not true Especially in a centrifugal application. you can run a wastegate and a boost controller just like on a turbo application. This allows you to turn your boost down or up as needed.
The turbo application will absolutely make more power/torque. But normally the boost comes on all of a sudden and all of it at once. So from tame to balls out in a blink. The supercharger is a lot more predictable. Not saying that it is better or worse just understand how it works. But as for boost controllers that is not just a turbo thing

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
so with the boost controller, is the tune set for the highest boost psi and that covers all the psi levels below it? trying to understand the relationship between psi and tune.
The pcm is setup to read the amount of Air coming into the engine and make adjustments as needed. It is not setup for just one boost level
Sponsored