Sponsored

Hellion Top Mount TT KIT - Turbo Mounting Studs...WTH???

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
2018-20 GT Top Mount TT Kit from Hellion...Trying to mount the driver side turbo. Directions state to remove factory bolts and install the studs with the spacers and then thread the nut on top of the bracket...

But can someone, ANYONE, PLEASE explain how the f I am supposed to screw a nut onto this stud then my finger can't even fit between the space! This is the top bracket stud.

Seriously, either I am doing something absolutely wrong, or this is a huge issue that others have somehow just fixed themselves and not said anything, acting like it's no biggy.

Please help...extremely frustrated as I've been at this thing for the past 2 hours only dropping the nut because I can't turn it onto the stud due to the angle whatsoever. FWIW, the bottom bracket nut went on just fine because...gasp, there's adequate room.
20200503_144440.jpg
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Do you have a set of ratcheting wrenches? Looks like that will do the job.

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
Do you have a set of ratcheting wrenches? Looks like that will do the job.
That's actually the very first thing I thought when I couldn't get my fingers in there, but the problem with that approach is that I can't apply pressure to get the nut to start threading, so the wrench just passes through the nut and onto the stud, nut falls down.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
2018-20 GT Top Mount TT Kit from Hellion...Trying to mount the driver side turbo. Directions state to remove factory bolts and install the studs with the spacers and then thread the nut on top of the bracket...

But can someone, ANYONE, PLEASE explain how the f I am supposed to screw a nut onto this stud then my finger can't even fit between the space! This is the top bracket stud.

Seriously, either I am doing something absolutely wrong, or this is a huge issue that others have somehow just fixed themselves and not said anything, acting like it's no biggy.

Please help...extremely frustrated as I've been at this thing for the past 2 hours only dropping the nut because I can't turn it onto the stud due to the angle whatsoever. FWIW, the bottom bracket nut went on just fine because...gasp, there's adequate room.
20200503_144440.jpg

Hello.

It is a tight spot but a trick you may want to try is to loosen the lower nut to where it almost falls off, then the bracket will fall forward and the stud will not stick out of the hole in the bracket as far. This will give you more room to start the nut. Once started, you can spin it on while you gently push the bracket back up against the spacer.

Hope this helps.

Team Hellion

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
Hello.

It is a tight spot but a trick you may want to try is to loosen the lower nut to where it almost falls off, then the bracket will fall forward and the stud will not stick out of the hole in the bracket as far. This will give you more room to start the nut. Once started, you can spin it on while you gently push the bracket back up against the spacer.

Hope this helps.

Team Hellion
Thanks for the quick response, and on a Sunday to boot!

The issue was due to the distance between the bracket itself and the turbo, not the stud and the turbo. Even trying to get it to where I had barely enough stud showing to thread, I still was unable to apply pressure to the nut due to lack of space.

I'd say let this be a warning for you other non-petite guys out there or if you have larger hands (I'm 6'3, 215lbs) - you WILL struggle with this part.

Having said all that, I FINALLY was able to get the nut on...by cheating.

Solution? I pleaded with my 5' 4 wife with her tiny child-like hands to see if she could do it and after guilt-tripping her by showing my torn gloves and bloodied hands, she agreed. Sometimes you really just can't substitute the right tool...even if that tool happens to be your wife : D : D : D

Reactions: A7X

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the quick response, and on a Sunday to boot!

The issue was due to the distance between the bracket itself and the turbo, not the stud and the turbo. Even trying to get it to where I had barely enough stud showing to thread, I still was unable to apply pressure to the nut due to lack of space.

I'd say let this be a warning for you other non-petite guys out there or if you have larger hands (I'm 6'3, 215lbs) - you WILL struggle with this part.

Having said all that, I FINALLY was able to get the nut on...by cheating.

Solution? I pleaded with my 5' 4 wife with her tiny child-like hands to see if she could do it and after guilt-tripping her by showing my torn gloves and bloodied hands, she agreed. Sometimes you really just can't substitute the right tool...even if that tool happens to be your wife : D : D : D

Glad you got it!! It will be totally worth it when you go for the first ride!!!
Sponsored