Sponsored

Hellion 2015

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
the hellion kit had horrible electrical fan failures. Didn't they do a revision?
Sponsored

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
the hellion kit had horrible electrical fan failures. Didn't they do a revision?

Hello.

Our first release of the twin system used a Spal single fan that is used as an industry standard fan, Procharger etc. uses it.

We decided to simplify the install and replaced it with a new assembly that uses the factory fans in a high quality aluminum shroud.

All current Hellion kits come standard with our setup that uses the factory fans.

For reference, we have customers utilizing the original single fan with over 40k miles on the system. Our switch to the factory fans keeps wiring and installation more simplistic.

Team Hellion

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt twin turbo, 04 powerstroke, 15 escape eco
Hello.

Our first release of the twin system used a Spal single fan that is used as an industry standard fan, Procharger etc. uses it.

We decided to simplify the install and replaced it with a new assembly that uses the factory fans in a high quality aluminum shroud.

All current Hellion kits come standard with our setup that uses the factory fans.

For reference, we have customers utilizing the original single fan with over 40k miles on the system. Our switch to the factory fans keeps wiring and installation more simplistic.

Team Hellion
For the record i wasnt blaming craftsmanship or anything else. I simply was looking to see if people had answers or had seen it before.

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello.

Team Hellion
Perhaps true, but all the southern cars I know of.. Including the Late Model Restoration car, had lots of problems.

They just took the kit off because they could never get it to work right, and the car kept over heating, as the fan kept popping the fuses.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps true, but all the southern cars I know of.. Including the Late Model Restoration car, had lots of problems.

They just took the kit off because they could never get it to work right, and the car kept over heating, as the fan kept popping the fuses.
This was what kept happening to me the fan was popping fuses continuously. We're they running the new or old fan?

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Interesting, had we been apprised of that issue we would have remedied it right away. We never heard from them about that issue.

Properly installed, our systems are flawless and deliver as advertised.

We support our system better than anyone in the industry. If there are any questions or concerns we are available.

Team Hellion

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For the record i wasnt blaming craftsmanship or anything else. I simply was looking to see if people had answers or had seen it before.

No problem. We just wanted to clarify our production history:thumbsup:

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I wonder if you'd get more and better air flow going with the revised two fan setup. I'd like to think hellion might be able to work with you on price?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if you'd get more and better air flow going with the revised two fan setup. I'd like to think hellion might be able to work with you on price?
The new fan is on its way. I went with their uodated shroud. I dont know if they helped me with price or not haha. It wasnt cheap, thats for sure. But i know theyre in it to make money like any business is

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I am bringing this back from the dead as having this same issue .
I bought my kit in 2016 so I am sure I have the older version - single fan .
OP , did going to new version fix your issues ?

Changing the fans is going to be a real PITA .
At least 6 hours my buddy tells me ... and I am paying $110/hour at the shop .

So tired of these cars .

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am bringing this back from the dead as having this same issue .
I bought my kit in 2016 so I am sure I have the older version - single fan .
OP , did going to new version fix your issues ?

Changing the fans is going to be a real PITA .
At least 6 hours my buddy tells me ... and I am paying $110/hour at the shop .

So tired of these cars .
Yes the fans fixed the issue. Just make sure you have your original fans, as it reuses them otherwise you're going to be in it for a fortune. The update is just a shroud. You need OEM fans and wiring.

On a side note 6 hours is asinine for that. I run a shop. Honestly its 2 bolts, an electrical connector and have to pull upper radiator hose. Legitimately 30 minutes to have it out of the car. Max.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thanks so much .
Not sure I still have the original fans as the install was 3 years ago but will have them look around .
Sponsored