Sponsored

Heated seats - noisy?

FireBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Does anyone else get like a ventilation noise when operating the heated seats for a few minutes? It comes and goes in cycles.
Sponsored

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Mine does with heat or cool from the left side.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
I don't consider it noisy, sounds like a typical ventilated system. It does feel different than wired (non-ventilated) heated seats though.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
That doesn't sound right...

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
That doesn't sound right...
It's the compressor turning on and off as it cycles...just like a typical car with climate control. Nothing abnormal just normal because they are ventilated seats not a wire that heats up inside the seats.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
It's the compressor turning on and off as it cycles...just like a typical car with climate control. Nothing abnormal just normal because they are ventilated seats not a wire that heats up inside the seats.
Lol... to my knowledge, it does not work off a compressor... an electrothermal block is how the heat and cold is created.... much like the ones used on cpu coolers... one side is hot the opposite is cold

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Lol... to my knowledge, it does not work off a compressor... an electrothermal block is how the heat and cold is created.... much like the ones used on cpu coolers... one side is hot the opposite is cold
Learn something new everyday. Still, I'm sure that electrothermal block makes some kind of noise if it has moving parts such as a fan to move the air....

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I thought that the heated/cooled seats used a fan blowing through an electric heater element for heat and just the fan to circulate air for 'cooling'. One of the first new owners, I believe, confirmed this.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Learn something new everyday. Still, I'm sure that electrothermal block makes some kind of noise if it has moving parts such as a fan to move the air....
There is only fans that pass the air by the block... there is absolutely no moving parts to an electrothermal block... it uses two dissimilar metals... when electricity is introduced... one side is hot, the other cold.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I thought that the heated/cooled seats used a fan blowing through an electric heater element for heat and just the fan to circulate air for 'cooling'. One of the first new owners, I believe, confirmed this.
The air in the seat is definitely cooled... I got out of the gym .. it was almost 80 out... turned on the cooled seats... definitely had cold air blowing through... it actually got too cold where I had to turn them off... it starts in high mode, 2 more presses bring it to mid and low cooling.... same with heat

Greg15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
OP said heated seats, not cooled, could be completely different.

Anyway, I attempted to take delivery of my car and there was a constant noise coming from inside the dash. And when the heated seats were on it cycles changing pitch and getting a lot louder. Set for cooled it just stayed the same as when the seats were off.

The constant noise was like a very high pitch squeal but it was loud enough to be annoying even when driving.

I didn't take delivery, they are supposed to let me know on Monday what is wrong and hopefully when it will be fixed.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
OP said heated seats, not cooled, could be completely different.

Anyway, I attempted to take delivery of my car and there was a constant noise coming from inside the dash. And when the heated seats were on it cycles changing pitch and getting a lot louder. Set for cooled it just stayed the same as when the seats were off.

The constant noise was like a very high pitch squeal but it was loud enough to be annoying even when driving.

I didn't take delivery, they are supposed to let me know on Monday what is wrong and hopefully when it will be fixed.
The few times I used mine... were pretty quiet

OP
OP

FireBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Yes, for me it happens only when HEATING THE PASSENGER'S SEAT, and only then.
Now if it were to happen in the driver's seat as well I would consider it normal, but it doesn't.
And it does sound like a fan noise getting louder and stopping in cycles.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Same thing here. When i idle the car in complete zen and peace if i hit driver side of the heater you can hear a noise almost same as an electric kettle heating up water. The fan is only for the cooling, heating is supplied by conduction i believe with a heated element located inside the seat. Cheers.
Sponsored