OP

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
Seen some posts advising to go ARH. Any reason why something like the Brenspeed package that included Kooks LTs wouldn't be a good way to go?
Sponsored

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Seen some posts advising to go ARH. Any reason why something like the Brenspeed package that included Kooks LTs wouldn't be a good way to go?
Some of it is just personal preference. I went with ARH because they offer a 2" primary option vs. only offering 1-7/8"

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, there simply aren't enough of these cars produced vs. the bajillion Coyote's that were produced and guys who are willing to spend the money to buy the cams, let alone pay for the labor to get them installed. It's actually not that terrible, but it needs to be done while you're doing OPG's, etc. when the front cover is off the car and you are messing with your timing chains, etc.

Add into the mix that L&M really had a difficult time getting a good supplier of billet cores to make these things and the economics just don't add up to put that kind of effort into making them en-masse.

I think the Comp Cams cams for Coyotes was like 50% of the cost of what I paid for my cams. Just the price of doing business if that's what you want to do.
CobraCommander, you bought these L&M cams?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah, there simply aren't enough of these cars produced vs. the bajillion Coyote's that were produced and guys who are willing to spend the money to buy the cams, let alone pay for the labor to get them installed. It's actually not that terrible, but it needs to be done while you're doing OPG's, etc. when the front cover is off the car and you are messing with your timing chains, etc.

Add into the mix that L&M really had a difficult time getting a good supplier of billet cores to make these things and the economics just don't add up to put that kind of effort into making them en-masse.

I think the Comp Cams cams for Coyotes was like 50% of the cost of what I paid for my cams. Just the price of doing business if that's what you want to do.

all true. I've talked to Comp before and they were like "What's a 5.2 Doodoo frat play crack???"

Just kidding, but they said they just don't have the interest to come too market. One reason being was because of cores. They actually had their hands on a supplier but were waiting to see if anyone would want to give it a go. After a while they said no dice but were willing to custom grind something if someone gave them specific specs. I am far too mentally retarded and incompetent to do that.

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
CobraCommander, you bought these L&M cams?
Yes. They are currently installed in the car right now. Waiting for my car to be finished up and ready for tuning and I'll report what my car ends up doing. Currently finishing up installing a Fore Innovations Triple-Pump Return System on the car.

Sponsored

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. They are currently installed in the car right now. Waiting for my car to be finished up and ready for tuning and I'll report what my car ends up doing. Currently finishing up installing a Fore Innovations Triple-Pump Return System on the car.
Is car n/a?

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, please let me know. I’m pondering purchasing some L&M cams. Would a ported intake manifold make even more sense with these cams? I see they have they have 2 types of cams?

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Ok, please let me know. I’m pondering purchasing some L&M cams. Would a ported intake manifold make even more sense with these cams? I see they have they have 2 types of cams?
It will probably help, but not sure how much power exactly since all of this is pretty much un-tested territory for the moment. I should have my car going here within the next 2 weeks. Got base startup files from Lund yesterday.

In regards to the cams, you'll want these:

https://lmengines.com/collections/g...b-any-n-a-or-forced-induction-br-full-tivct-b

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Kooks and ARH are both very high quality. Can't go wrong with either.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Zero point to porting a GT350 intake manifold as of now. Wait to see what heads and cams does to the personality of the engine. You don't want the engine to be way too peaky.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Zero point to porting a GT350 intake manifold as of now. Wait to see what heads and cams does to the personality of the engine. You don't want the engine to be way too peaky.
but you do recommend doing the cams?