Sponsored

Headers not sitting quite even

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Bolted up a set of Texas Speed longtubes last weekend. Install went really well. Zero clearance issues anywhere, no leaks, car runs very strong. One thing I do notice, though, is that the driver side header is close to an inch lower than the passenger side at its lowest point at the collector. This can be seen looking at the car from each side and from the rear (under the car of course). I was able to angle the midpipes slightly so that they ended up aligning perfectly with the catback but I can’t help but wonder if I’ve either botched part of the install, or if this is just how they fit. My first thought was maybe that one of the motor mounts wasn’t seated properly, but the engine is sitting perfectly straight and level as measured everywhere else. Maybe the jig used to form these is just off, or maybe I got a “bad” one? FWIW they aren’t actually as far off as they appear to be in this picture but I thought I’d throw it up to try and illustrate. Anyone ever experienced this?
03C4456A-6BD5-41AB-91F8-DA601BC6B340.jpeg
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did you mess with your motor mounts at all? If not, don't sweat it.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I didn’t remove the actual mounts, just the cast bracket in each side.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
They could be designed that way. That's the side of the engine that goes up when under load.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Good point. I’d feel better knowing they are supposed to sit like this. Wonder if I could contact someone st TSP that would know.

Sponsored

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
I also installed the TSP headers and they were not sitting uneven like yours. I was trying to look for a picture of mine when i did my install but can't seem to find it. If i do, i'll throw it up here.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Besides it sitting a little uneven how do you like them. Hows the sound from these bad boys. How hard was the install and did you have to jack the motor up to get them in? Been thinking of grabbing a pair myself.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Besides it sitting a little uneven how do you like them. Hows the sound from these bad boys. How hard was the install and did you have to jack the motor up to get them in? Been thinking of grabbing a pair myself.

Fitment was beautiful, other than this. They went in very easily and sound great.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
You use OEM gasket? Thanks gonna grab me a pair come spring.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I also installed the TSP headers and they were not sitting uneven like yours. I was trying to look for a picture of mine when i did my install but can't seem to find it. If i do, i'll throw it up here.
There have been several changes with the Texas speed headers, how long ago did you do yours? Are yours the current version with the o2 bungs angled up?

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
There have been several changes with the Texas speed headers, how long ago did you do yours? Are yours the current version with the o2 bungs angled up?
Found some pics on the TSP headers thread (the one that’s like 26 pages long) and it looks like the car pictured sits about like mine do...tucked higher on the passenger side. I emailed TSP directly and they didn’t say this is done on purpose, but it looks like it just may be how they fit.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I wouldn't worry about it

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
To reiterate what was said above: if the headers aren’t causing a problem, there’s no leaks, and nothing is touching, then I wouldn’t sweat it.
Sponsored