Headers installation

Zell7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zaher
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium pp1
Hi everyone im located in Minnesota looking for some to do the headers installation for me and i ll pay him shops is so expensive in here
2017 mustang gt
Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone im located in Minnesota looking for some to do the headers installation for me and i ll pay him shops is so expensive in here
2017 mustang gt
Find a good shop with reviews. Any mechanic worth his salt will charge going rate. No cheap way out.

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Where u located?
Houston. Going labor rate is around $100+ per hour. The types of shops that will install these will be a speciality shop or a savvy independent who will likely charge around $1000. Most won't touch the work. I am capable of doing the work myself. If the time comes, I may gladly pay to have my mechanic bust his knuckles instead of me. Horsepower cost money and time,any way you slice it.

Crete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Houston. Going labor rate is around $100+ per hour. The types of shops that will install these will be a speciality shop or a savvy independent who will likely charge around $1000. Most won't touch the work. I am capable of doing the work myself. If the time comes, I may gladly pay to have my mechanic bust his knuckles instead of me. Horsepower cost money and time,any way you slice it.
Where in Houston are you? I'm looking at getting mine installed and prices have ranged from $580-$1250

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'd only use a non-shop guy if they came highly recommended by multiple people.

A shop may not have warranty, but if something goes obviously wrong, you can return the car and hand them the keys and say fix it. With an individual, you have very little protection or recourse.

Individuals can be more reliable/predictable than shops, some shops have less than stellar techs working for them.

I did mine by myself in my driveway. (2 times). 2nd time I had help. It can be done. You can do it.

Only you can decide if you want to save $1000 and do it yourself. Think of it this way, even if you have to buy $500 in new tools (that you can keep) you'll come out ahead, you'll know if it was done correctly and you'll get the knowledge and experience with your car.

In any case, I'd use nordlock style washers.
Sponsored