BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Great thread; I'm in the same boat. :)

Question for anyone who may know. Is the louder of the two modes for the AWE dual mode exhaust equal in volume to the Corsa Sport?

Also, for those who have heard both the Corsa Sport and the Extreme, by your estimations, how much louder is the Extreme over the Sport? 10% louder? 20%? 30%?
It's about twice as loud. According to Corsa, a 9 dB increase (which would be 3x louder), though not sure where the measurement is taken.

2015-Mustang-GT-Corsa-exhaust-graphic.jpg
Sponsored

reek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I learned years ago, not to let price dictate which exhaust you get. I used to do that and realized after going cheap, it just cost that much more to end up at a Corsa. Since then, I've had Corsas on my last 4 vehicles, I actually budget it into the initial cost of the car.

I like the Xtreme sound better than the sport. there's a subtle different in quality. but I ended with the sport since I'm old and my neighbors are older. My buddy has the Xtreme on his 2017 stingray. Sucker is LOUD but sounds so sweet! I know, different application but still....

go corsa and don't look back.

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
MBRP Street/Race.

Very happy with the sound. Perfectly loud without being too obnoxious since I live in a condo complex. And when you get above 4k, the sound puts a smile on my face everytime.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
exhaust note is tough,

the corsa is one of our best sellers, extreme and sport, awe touring, super nice sound, mroe of a deeper tone if

thats a couple of our favorites, let me know if we can help out

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i had a roush and xpipe combo before my headers, i loveeeeed the way it sounded and its much cheaper than corsa, just depends whether you want a full 3 inch system or a cut and clamp system. theyre both loud and raspy
With both setups matched to an X-Pipe, I wonder if the owners realize how raspy, the tinny metallic variety of raspy, these system sound, especially when you're over 3500rpms.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
With both setups matched to an X-Pipe, I wonder if the owners realize how raspy, the tinny metallic variety of raspy, these systems sound once you're over 3500rpms.
Somewhat, though they get a lot better when they're fully warmed up. The really bad tinny rasp (like rocks being thrown at a garbage can lid) is stock mufflers with an X-pipe. That sounds bad over 4500 rpm...no depth of tone, just rasp.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Black Pypes

I wanted the car louder, so I did the Pypes Pype-Bomb axle-backs. Can't beat the price, the look or the sound. I have had them on my 05 Mustang GT for years and love them. The new set on my 17 are the black finish. I did a write up on the Pypes site of the install which was easy on one side and tough on the other. Shot a few pics at my first oil change since the car was up on the rack.

Attachments

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
extremes are def louder then roush. also hold the tone through rpms way better.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
All I know is...at 4:30AM I'm pushing my luck with the Sport.
If you have a tune, your tuner should be able to quieten the cold starts a bit. Made a fair difference on mine. Of course, putting in a inline muffler helped even more.

Blue_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium PP
Just picked up a GT last week and I'm in the market for an exhaust too. I want an ATAK catback or Xtreme catback, but will they wake up my neighbors? I park outside and leave work around 7am every weekday. The houses are like 10 yards from each other. Will I be getting complaints if I get one of these?

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's about twice as loud. According to Corsa, a 9 dB increase (which would be 3x louder), though not sure where the measurement is taken.

2015-Mustang-GT-Corsa-exhaust-graphic.jpg
Thanks for the chart, man! :) Very helpful but I guess I'm still left comparing abstract data to abstract data since I have never heard any of the 3 exhausts that I'm interested. Basically, I have no reference. :( wish I knew somebody with those exhausts but, alas, I don't

To say the least, I would be taking a big risk buying an exhaust based on YouTube videos alone. I want a significantly louder exhaust than stock, which still maintains a similar tone, but without being ridiculously loud. Mmm, decisions decisions...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the chart, man! :) Very helpful but I guess I'm still left comparing abstract data to abstract data since I have never heard any of the 3 exhausts that I'm interested. Basically, I have no reference. :( wish I knew somebody with those exhausts but, alas, I don't

To say the least, I would be taking a big risk buying an exhaust based on YouTube videos alone. I want a significantly louder exhaust than stock, which still maintains a similar tone, but without being ridiculously loud. Mmm, decisions decisions...
Sport catback...sounds far, far better than stock. It's significantly louder but only when you want, and even at WOT is not obnoxious. I'd eat my shoe if you didn't love this exhaust lol. That is, unless you have to have that super deep pushrod muscle tone...this is not for you. That's not to say it's not deep at all, it is, but it is more baritone than bass, if you get what I mean. I would argue this more exotic/racy tone fits the S550 the best of all.

Highlights from relevant thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1804763&postcount=41
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1815459&postcount=77
the thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79753

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
:lol::lol:

You haven't heard it being driven from the outside yet, have you? At no point is it anywhere near stock volume, but if you keep it under 2500-3000 no one would ever complain. Under 2000 will keep it under the radar in the neighborhood.
This is true. I keep telling my wife she needs to drive by so I can hear it. She is timid due to the FI on it. /shrug. I tell her just don't mash it. But now that I think about it, seeing my car sideways with flaming tires and my wife's puckered up face in the front see makes me want to ROLF.

This would have to be done in a BIIIIIG parking lot :lol:
Sponsored