Sponsored

Have you had PPF applied, and how much did it run you? (NJ)

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I agree that it might not be worth it for many people.....and get this...PPF and ceramic coating are not going to stop a big ole rock from doing what it does best. Also, many people believe that ceramic coating can't be scratched and that is not true. It does make washing a bit easier but is that really worth the dollars spent. I have it and still question if I really needed it. I don't have it on the VW and the Subaru and dang if they don't look better than the cars that have it, but I chalk that up to them having a better paint job from the factory. The Mustang had areas where it looked like it might have been painted in a high school auto shop and by a first-time painter lol. The Corvette had factory built in orange peel.
I absolutely love my ceramic - it's basically just a permanent wax. Saves a _huge_ amount of time over waxing it all the dang time... and it always looks like a brand new car.
Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Hey all,

I’m in NJ and looking for prices on PPF. I reached out to a shop that’s done tints/detailing on a few of my cars, they came in at $2300 for PPF for the entire front bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors. Basically the entire front end up to the “A” pillar. This does not include $350 for paint correction, which is a must for PPF. So essentially $2650 for PPF entire front end up to the “A” pillar.

This seems a bit pricey to me. What have you guys paid for PPF with the paint correction, and if you’re local to NJ, where did you get it done?
I'm in Central NJ. Installer did my with Suntec PPF entire front-end(front bumper, fenders, lights, hood, mirrors) for $1700 including paint correction. Later he did A-pillars, front of rear quarters and edge of the roof for $200. I recommend doing entire front-end and at least front of rear quarters, A-pillars and edge of the roof. Here is the installer Daniel: http://www.firstklassvinyl.com/

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I had my front bumper done for $300. Happy with it.
I'm in NC and my front bumper is gonna be $464.
Tint World wants 8k for the whole car. The owner is from NJ and totally skeeves me out.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
It just seems a bit pricey to me. I understand that you’re paying for the quality of work, the experience, and truly it is a craft the way that they do the PC and PPF... but it is expensive. I was expecting about $1500 for both, but to be outdone by well over $1K is a bit much. A former friend had his done on an M2 for $2050, which covered PPF, ceramic coating and a single stage polish to prep the paint. For me, even that’s a bit expensive... I’m considering if it’s even worth it, being that I don’t do any tracking with it, don’t daily drive it, etc.
Is it worth it depends on how the roads are by you. Here on LI, the roads are a horror after this past winter, with loose gravel everywhere. I did my PPF last month on full front, A-pillars, roof line, and just above rear fenders. And my car being black, you see every little mark.Took it back to detail shop today for all the little nicks in the PPF from all the rocks. Most disappeared with the heat gun. But somewhere I was driving, they must've been painting the white lines in the road. On one side mirror, you can see little white speckles when the sun hits it. The shop couldn't get those off, but said to just replace the PPF on the mirror, and it'll be good as new. Better that, than doing a paint correction which will cost more, and remove some of the finish.

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
I admit, I haven't had it done, but did get a detailed quote from one of the best shops in NE PA for the GT350. They are the first and only place I'll go if I ever do get it done.

XPEL Ultimate Plus 10 year warranty

Full Front End Package-$2,000
(Full Hood, Fenders, Bumper, Headlights, Mirrors, door cups, A-pillar & Roof Line)

Full Quarters Only-$1,200

Rocker Package-$650
(Rockers, Lower doors and rear wheel impact area)

Full Body Package-$6,500
(All Painted surfaces)

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It does cost to get quality work.

I admit, I haven't had it done, but did get a detailed quote from one of the best shops in NE PA for the GT350. They are the first and only place I'll go if I ever do get it done.

XPEL Ultimate Plus 10 year warranty

Full Front End Package-$2,000
(Full Hood, Fenders, Bumper, Headlights, Mirrors, door cups, A-pillar & Roof Line)

Full Quarters Only-$1,200

Rocker Package-$650
(Rockers, Lower doors and rear wheel impact area)

Full Body Package-$6,500
(All Painted surfaces)
Tint World wants 8k for the whole car. The owner is from NJ and totally skeeves me out.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm going to tell you now, you will want more than the front bumper done. To be honest, that is one of the cheaper areas to get repainted should you ever need it. :)

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Full front clip, the back trunk panel and right behind the rear wheels, + Modesta coating was about $4500 for my car at Oakes Detailing in PA. They are a top end shop though, as in, if you drop by you'll see anything from a nice Subaru or Acura to a MK4 Supra or Raptor, to a vintage race car to a pair of GT3's or a 1 of 15 Jaguar and some rare exotics.
Mine was about the same @ Oakes. They do incredible work. I’ve known Nick years and he’s done quite a few cars for me over the years. I won’t go anywhere else. He did all my of 350s I’ve owned and he will do my 500

OP, Oakes Detail is another great option. Just out the outskirts of west Chester pa. A little bit of a drive but worth it IMO.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I'm going to tell you now, you will want more than the front bumper done. To be honest, that is one of the cheaper areas to get repainted should you ever need it. :)
I have to balance cost vs. necessity.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Won't comment on price since we live on the opposite sides of the country, but one thing that applies in life and definitely applies here: You get what you pay for.

Don't cheap out, research shops and try to stop by and see their work. Best to use established and reputable shops that will be there for you when you need adjustments or to remedy problems.

OP
OP
NJ2A

NJ2A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Won't comment on price since we live on the opposite sides of the country, but one thing that applies in life and definitely applies here: You get what you pay for.

Don't cheap out, research shops and try to stop by and see their work. Best to use established and reputable shops that will be there for you when you need adjustments or to remedy problems.
I agree with you on that. I think really what it comes down to for me is like one of the other members said, “cost vs. necessity”. I may end up doing it just for sake of making it easier to clean, but damn if that isn’t a really expensive way to keep it clean...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I agree with you on that. I think really what it comes down to for me is like one of the other members said, “cost vs. necessity”. I may end up doing it just for sake of making it easier to clean, but damn if that isn’t a really expensive way to keep it clean...
Mike, do not confuse PPF with ceramic. PPF is for protection against small hits to your paint. Ceramic is for enhanced gloss and ease of maintenance. You can get PPF and then use one of the many night quality ceramic spray retailers and be pretty close to a hard coating.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
$6K - Full XPEL PPF Wrap - XPEL Stealth PPF Wrap on the Strips - Ceramic Coating on XPEL PPF and Wheels (2 coats) and Window Tint on the side windows, Red Paint Highlight on the Shelby lettering on the front splitter.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
For 2300, learn how to do it yourself. I started with a half ton pickup truck TG. Then moved on to my DD fusion (did full nose only). Then I was good enough to do the Stang (full nose, mirrors, entire rockers, and a section on each lower rear wheelwell).

I did a TG first as it's pretty flat and you can put it on horses to work on. First try came out like crap of course.

20170917_155608a.jpg

But it wasn't long until I figured it out.

20171014_103624.jpg

Moved on to my Fusion Sport's nose. I did cut a couple of the pieces into smaller sections to make it easier.

You can see in upper part of pick, left of headlight, where I cut the sections apart. The pieces did not fit perfectly together, but for the money I spent, like $180, it's fine for a DD.

20171105_111904.jpg

20171106_173432.jpg

Stang bumper seemed harder to do than the fusion, probably because the fusion has that monster grill and you can cut the section that goes behind lisc plate frame, since you can't see it anyway. I had stang bumper off when I did blower, so that made it somewhat easier to do on the floor facing up.

20180425_195624.jpg

20171106_181436.jpg

Close up that rear wheelwell area, you can see seem, but it's very hard to see in just a casual glance.

20171106_175320.jpg

I also had a lot of material left over and have done smaller spots on some of my old broncos (again behind rear tires, full rockers even all the way inside up against carpet trim, etc..)
Sponsored