Have some questions about finding my perfect GT

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Have you considered looking for a Mach I instead of a GT? All the items you listed can be easily found on a Mach I and I bet you’d have better luck finding that one, perfect mustang. Might be worth a deeper look.
There's a 15K-20K price difference.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Going to look at a different car tonight in the right color, non PPK. It comes with the 20 inch rim option. Can't say I really like the look, anyone know if they have value to sell? Maybe even swap for PPK rims? They don't even work as a winter rim since Blizzak tires don't come in that size
If you are thinking about swapping 20" for 19's I'd suggest aftermarket copies of the PP wheels. The OEM wheels are hhhheavy. And yes, you can sell them. right on this forum if you want. But I believe the 20's now come with all seasons so unless you plan on driving in deep show you may not need dedicated winter tires. With the PP you get Summer tires so a switch would definitely be needed.

As far as the gears the 3.73's are short but they match up well to the MT82-D4. Many even go to 4.09's with the wide gears in the M6. That of course is your call but you need to give the 3.73's a minute.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Going to look at a different car tonight in the right color, non PPK. It comes with the 20 inch rim option. Can't say I really like the look, anyone know if they have value to sell? Maybe even swap for PPK rims? They don't even work as a winter rim since Blizzak tires don't come in that size
I have the 20” wheels. You also get the upper cowl bracing and lower K Brace with the 20” wheel option. It does make the ride stiffer, I added all that bracing to my 2020 that’s gone now. If it’s the blue you like then I’d think those wheels may surprise you.

Here are my 20” wheels..I think they are very proportionate to the cars wheel openings. Good luck!
DA1151B3-E4FB-4223-8C17-9C22DD2A6243.jpeg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
Test drove the Cyber Orange car last night. I specially didn't take my trade in (2019 WRX) since I wanted to sleep on it either way. Have a question for anyone who drives a performance pack car, do you find first gear to be a bit jumpy? I'm assuming it's the higher gearing since the other ones i've driven doesn't feel jumpy like that. Granted, like everything you learn how to drive it but i'm just picturing being stuck in traffic on the blue route fighting the clutch to not look dumb.
Jumpy? I'd say yes. Took me a while to get used to the Getrag. By the end of last year, I finally hit 10k miles.

I have the 20” wheels. You also get the upper cowl bracing and lower K Brace with the 20” wheel option. It does make the ride stiffer, I added all that bracing to my 2020 that’s gone now. If it’s the blue you like then I’d think those wheels may surprise you.

Here are my 20” wheels..I think they are very proportionate to the cars wheel openings. Good luck!
DA1151B3-E4FB-4223-8C17-9C22DD2A6243.jpeg
WOW! Great color.

OP
OP
Applied Carbon

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Walking out the door to go look at this car with 20 inch rims. I will decide on the spot if I go with that or the Cyber Orange with PPK car. With me luck!

hockeydave55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, 1969 Fiat 500F, 2023 MachE, 2013 Focus
You could always try an Auto Broker to find the car. Sometimes they have connections to help find specific cars.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Couple nice AB cars in the AB thread with 20” wheels. But the PP wheels also look great on the AB. When I bought this EG Mustang they had an AB priced VERY well as they had it longer and I almost went with it but to me EG is a color that looks different every time I look it at.
C8B971B3-9C50-478D-B4C4-AD1A987EC89D.jpeg
5FE6235D-1D51-4E04-BAD4-D34B8BCBA40F.png

Sponsored

WV millwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150 2017 Escape
Test drove the Cyber Orange car last night. I specially didn't take my trade in (2019 WRX) since I wanted to sleep on it either way. Have a question for anyone who drives a performance pack car, do you find first gear to be a bit jumpy? I'm assuming it's the higher gearing since the other ones i've driven doesn't feel jumpy like that. Granted, like everything you learn how to drive it but i'm just picturing being stuck in traffic on the blue route fighting the clutch to not look dumb.
Maybe it's just my imagination but my 22 seemed jumpy until I turned off the hill start assist. Now it is smooth on take off. By the way, go with the atlas blue. You won't be sorry. But maybe I'm a little bias. 😆

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah the hill-start is fracking annoying. If you live in Seattle or SFO I could see it being useful. More crutches for people to not FORCE them to learn how to drive properly or competently.

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
OP, I'll say that I really do like the stock 20's and the extras that came with them on mine. I don't have the PP, magnaride, and mine isn't AB, but otherwise this one is spec'ed out similar to what you're looking for and it's a great vehicle. Added bonus is you don't see many DMGs around - some would argue "there's a reason for that" but to my eye, it's just fine.
IMG_0352.JPG

Coffeejoejava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT with Performance Package.
I've been wanting to get into a Mustang for a while now, with the flood of information around the new 2024 I figure it's time to jump. Well I took one look at that gauge cluster in the 2024 and after vomiting in my mouth a little I figured I'd go to a local dealer and order a 2023 the way I want but as I recently learned, orders for 2023 closed in December. I was hoping to get a GT Premium in Atlas Blue Metallic, with a stick shift, Performance Package, MagneRide and Active Valve Performance Exhaust. Also wants the 401A package but if I don't get that I wouldn't cry. Same for the B&O audio upgrade.

Now just looking around at local dealerships I don't see anything with the Performance Package in stock with the color I want in a stick shift. So I guess my question is if I get a Premium GT in the right color with the right trans, is it realistic to add the bits and bobs of the Performance Package to a non PP car? What about the MagneRide and Active Exhaust? Can that be hooked up? Is this documented anywhere? Do the fancy brakes bolt up? The better suspension parts? Feel like the most pricy thing to get would be the rear diff you get on the performance pack but that should also just bolt up, right? Maybe go after market for that? I'm not sure.

Thanks for reading!
https://www.ourismanfordofmanassas....-Mustang-2ebe0e6f0a0e0a9178bb9135609e809c.htm

https://www.ourismanfordofmanassas....-Mustang-65fc664c0a0e094a276b0dc7fe30efa6.htm

https://www.ourismanfordofmanassas....-Mustang-3e231f450a0e0a9940f1cea9d22af6ce.htm

https://www.ourismanfordofmanassas....-Mustang-57ccee2e0a0e0a99703ddd14809eb016.htm

This is the dealership I got my 2022 GT PP from. Great people to deal with.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
OP, I'll say that I really do like the stock 20's and the extras that came with them on mine. I don't have the PP, magnaride, and mine isn't AB, but otherwise this one is spec'ed out similar to what you're looking for and it's a great vehicle. Added bonus is you don't see many DMGs around - some would argue "there's a reason for that" but to my eye, it's just fine.
IMG_0352.JPG
Beautiful! Shows the lines amazingly but still too dark for my OCD nature.
Sponsored