Sponsored

Have a Bullitt...Should I get a Mach 1 or a GT350 or just keep what I have?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You getting another ride soon?
gotta replace the lumbering giant that is the SCAT. :)

After the ZL1/1LE ride (all the yammering on YT about 'harsh' suspension is just complete nonsense) of about 15mile loop around Leesburg VA, we went across the street to the Buick dealer so as to drive the 2022 copper-colored CT4V/Blackwing they had on the lot as of last week. Alas it was sold. So we hopped into the MY16 Comp Orange GT350 Track pack instead and went for the same loop.

The auditory assault on the ears was delicious! Not sure how tolerable it would be to live with it day in and day out... The front-end was shod with PSS and it was like 42F out and tires were wildly over-inflated to 38PSI so it needed more wrangling than it should. The ask price was preposterous.
Sponsored

DRIVEN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
Ditto. Or if you have enough funds get a GT 500 ā€¦the GT 350 stock will be a big disappointment if youā€™re looking for some power and fun.
The GT350 will be a big disappointment ?? Lol right....... funny everytime I drive it, you couldn't slap the grin off my face

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
grin != thrust though. Esp if you're going to define "thrust" as being the kind you get with SC. Me, I think FI is rather pointless since you can't actually use it.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I think it all depends on what you want to do with the car. If you aren't tracking it, stay with the Bullitt because it is an icon. If you want to track a Mustang, go with the Mach 1, PP2 or GT350, the best that you can find.
I'd hopefully be able to track a couple times a year. GT350 ownership has become like a bucket list item for me, though I really like the Bullitt. I wish I could have both.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Just browsing for GT350s...this https://carsandbids.com/auctions/301eb8DP/2017-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350 seems like it was a steal (though personally would not have bought it/bid on it). then, you have this one here. It's a 2019 but with 10k miles https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-33/.

My point is just (regardless of those two being Hennessey GT350s) that prices seem to be all over the place right now, which means I really need to study the market.

Right now, all I know is I want a 2019 or 2020 GT350, don't even know what color. Heritage Edition would be ideal but don't see them anywhere, except with Lemon branded title or ultra low miles for over $100k.

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Cars on cars and bids consistently sells for much less than BaT. I forget what the seller fee is however.

Deleted member 69033

Don't get a 350 unless your douche card is punched and dues up to date. Some of the 350 owners in here crack me up. Think they're the sultan of Brunei or something..... Mach owners seem more down to earth....

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Don't get a 350 unless your douche card is punched and dues up to date. Some of the 350 owners in here crack me up. Think they're the sultan of Brunei or something..... Mach owners seem more down to earth....
And that's why you're deleted I guess. Bye!

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
And that's why you're deleted I guess. Bye!
Too bad he left, I was going to tell him Bullet owners are even worse.

No pun intended.... šŸ™ƒ

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wish. But nah Iā€™m still driving my old gt :)
you mean that lowered, sexy-ass GT with pink sparkle calipers, that can second as a limousine or freight hauler, with all that privacy tint.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
To the Mach 1 owners that switched from other Mustangs: What are your impressions comparing the Mach to a GT PP1/Bullitt and a Shelby in terms of steering/handling?

Thank you in advance for your insights!
Iā€˜ll try to give you an answer, but you need to keep my perspective in mind. First, Iā€™m an old guy yes, but donā€™t discount that too much. I still push my Mustangs fairly hard (but street only) and live in mountain twisties. Iā€™m also pretty cynical and believe that many guys, if not most street drivers spend way more $ over the cost of say a base GT on stuff that never gets used to anywhere near itā€˜s full potential. Maybe the limiting factor is their own ability, traffic, enforcement, who knows what but most guys can only use so much no matter how much they have. Look, PP1, PP2, HP, etc. all look good in your sig but Iā€™d make a sizable wager that I could take a base GT and race you in your alphabet soup Mustang 30 miles to the next town over and still have you in sight when we got there.

BUT, having said the above I recently traded a ā€˜22 GT for a ā€˜22 Mach 1 (non-HP). I took the same 35 mile route to the dealership as I did back home and the Mach was noticeably tighter in the curves and quicker handling coming home than the GT going over. Probably not 30 seconds difference in total trip time but a lot of fun. I will add that the Mach did this without any penalty in ride harshness. Maybe the Magneride?

Anyway, Iā€™d say you gotta decide if the extra fun and pride of ownership is worth the extra bucks to you. I wouldnā€™t have traded just for that but itā€™s a nice bonus.
Sponsored