Sponsored

Have a Bullitt...Should I get a Mach 1 or a GT350 or just keep what I have?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
If you're looking for a garage queen to brag about, look at, and barely drive, a Shelby is your only answer. Anything lesser isn't special enough for 1300 miles in 2 years.
Sponsored

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
If you're looking for a garage queen to brag about, look at, and barely drive, a Shelby is your only answer. Anything lesser isn't special enough for 1300 miles in 2 years.
No need to jump to conclusions. I work from home 99% of the time and have a toddler so not too much opportunity to drive unfortunately. I am past the bragging age and admit that I do like looking at my car, too. I'd be fine with it staying a low-ish mile example and retaining its value rather well. Live and let live.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
No need to jump to conclusions. I work from home 99% of the time and have a toddler so not too much opportunity to drive unfortunately. I am past the bragging age and admit that I do like looking at my car, too. I'd be fine with it staying a low-ish mile example and retaining its value rather well. Live and let live.
I didn't mean it as an insult, just how many people who own Mustangs especially Shelbys enjoy them.

You can take the toddler for car rides on every lunch break or work day siesta!

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Try a GR86. They are a blast! The Mustang feels like a numb boat in comparison.
no one here wants a slow ugly rice burner.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
@JetGray_Mach1
From my Encyclopedia of Science, chapter Natural Sciences, section Parasites:

For the Mach1: Spoiler, yes absolutely, sport, sport and sport! (I'm with you there).
For the Bullitt: Absolutely no, not, never! (That ass is so sexy, you don't want to disfigure it with a tramp stamp!)
all valid points BUT sorry I still prefer the functional tramp stamp.

Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@JetGray_Mach1
Please don't misunderstand, the Mach1 is "tattooed" all over and screams "SPORT!" to the world, so a "tramp stamp" doesn't fall off the pattern. A Mach1 without the spoiler would not be a Mach1.
The Bullitt, on the other hand, is completely debadged (except for the fake gas cap) and trimmed for understatement (as far as that is possible with a Mustang). Every bit too much, leads the concept ad absurdum (From my point of view, even the red brake calipers are too much.).

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I didn't mean it as an insult, just how many people who own Mustangs especially Shelbys enjoy them.

You can take the toddler for car rides on every lunch break or work day siesta!
No problem, I know what you meant. There sure are people out there who mostly have cars (or a Shelby) "for show" and are not truly passionate or serious about it.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
A S550 Bullitt doesn't have the brakes, tires, Torque & HP to utilize much more downforce than it already has in most situations as built.

This car's wt# alone, is substantial in its overall force applied 'downward' @ rear given its parameters.
Added underbelly sculpture, w/an adequate rear diffuser, (both present on a Bullitt @ typical OEM levels) can lend to appreciable amt's of dynamic, downward forces, @ speed as well. With or w/o any rear wing.

If a person wants to 'slow down' a ~4000lb car w/Bullitt like attributes,
(driver/fluids inclusive) utilizing 'under' 500hp & 'under' 500lbs of Torque..??
Whether on the street, playing "Ricky Racer",
or on most closed course tracks...
Put a rear wing on it.

Insisting a wing'd Bullitt is by default, qwiker/ faster, questions an understanding of 1st principles such as;
'Laminar Flow upon an Unbalanced - Ground Effect Airframe'.

Just our opinions - you all have your own.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
A S550 Bullitt doesn't have the brakes, tires, Torque & HP to utilize much more downforce than it already has in most situations as built.

This car's wt# alone, is substantial in its overall force applied 'downward' @ rear given its parameters.
Added underbelly sculpture, w/an adequate rear diffuser, (both present on a Bullitt @ typical OEM levels) can lend to appreciable amt's of dynamic, downward forces, @ speed as well. With or w/o any rear wing.

If a person wants to 'slow down' a ~4000lb car w/Bullitt like attributes,
(driver/fluids inclusive) utilizing 'under' 500hp & 'under' 500lbs of Torque..??
Whether on the street, playing "Ricky Racer",
or on most closed course tracks...
Put a rear wing on it.

Insisting a wing'd Bullitt is by default, qwiker/ faster, questions an understanding of 1st principles such as;
'Laminar Flow upon an Unbalanced - Ground Effect Airframe'.

Just our opinions - you all have your own.
Does the M1 have more motor or more Brakes that a Bullitt? I think not. Better Cooling, better transmission, perhaps better suspension, so I'm not sure of your point.

I'm in 100% agreement that the Bullitt should be kept the sleeper it is. Add stripes, wings, spoilers, etc etc and it is just another Green (or black) Mustang.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I say f&@! it and buy this. My local dealer has this in for repair work right now.

7BFC4065-65FB-4760-B1BC-0D09EEEDD6E0.jpeg

D205D502-8E8E-4F07-9803-86FFD4622829.jpeg

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I say f&@! it and buy this. My local dealer has this in for repair work right now.

7BFC4065-65FB-4760-B1BC-0D09EEEDD6E0.jpeg

D205D502-8E8E-4F07-9803-86FFD4622829.jpeg
One of my fav cars, and that license plate fits perfectly.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
One of my fav cars, and that license plate fits perfectly.
It’s an awesome car for sure. Brought my son to the dealership this afternoon after school so he could see it. I saw it Monday when I was there.
Sponsored