Sponsored

Has owning a Mustang had any major impact on your lifestyle ?

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP
Its taken 30 years off my age and I enjoy going to work again so I can drive it each morning
Same here. My wife just couldn't understand why I hated driving my F150 everyday. While functional and dependable, it's was a simple A to B vehicle. Now that I'm back in a Mustang, I smile the whole time from push button start to push button stop.
Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Less stress and generally in a better mood...nothing like a nice pull leaving work to make the whole day better or just a quick blip of acceleration to put a smile on my face. Less money in my bank account and there is always a part I want lol

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
I can't eat out as much as I used to, heh. That 500 bucks ... Kind of miss no car payment but not as much as I'd miss the mustang in the driveway.

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Best decision I ever made! Not sure about anyone else but I catch more eye-rolling and nasty looks from my wife the more she see's me doing something around it. She likes to remind me that, as a garage queen, this car is unnecessary and a waste of money. Can't really argue but I 100% bought this 5.0 for me and no one else; so selfish but we had our first child on the way and I've always wanted a Mustang so it was a "now or never" scenario. I win.

Maaan, if she ever saw that I posted this...I love you, honey!!!

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
Definitely. My first powerful manual sports car coming from automatic hand me downs through high school and college. Bought mine when I turned 23. Almost 7000 miles in, I'm still learning how to really take advantage of this car. I wouldn't say I've mastered driving manual but I look forward to driving so I can get better.

Sponsored

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Speeding tickets
Park out in no man's land
New friends
Lighter wallet
Can't laugh anymore at crowd killer meme
New respect for people who install all their own mods
In misery when driving a slow car
Get disappointed when I'm not first in line at a red light
Notice other fast cars more often
Stare at my car when I walk away
Sit where I can stare at my car from inside
Remote start so I can hear the exbaust
Wash my car all the time
Drop a gear and gun in under overpasses
Speeding tickets
Good list for me too except for lighter wallet, remote start, and speeding tickets. I saved money on my car payment, mine is manual, and really trying to avoid speeding tickets.

To add though, my wife didn't want to see the stang. A little more than a week went by until I forced her to get in for a Costco run. Another errand and she started liking it more. Now she gets disappointed when we can't roll in it. :headbang:

Osvic@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
I would say it has affected me in a positive way! Being 20, I have met many older people in the car industry and have made many new friends with a wider view of life and a true understanding of the car culture!

Email: [email protected]

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
My first car was a 2002 Mustang GT, then I traded it in on a 2003 Cobra when I was 18. I would say they've been a pretty big part of my life, considering it got me my Job at Lethal Performance and I've been here ever since, hah.

Matt

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Yes, it helped introduce me to a lot of new people, lot of new friends and helped me to have a better understanding of cars and broaden my knowledge of cars. Before my mustang, I probably would have been a "magazine racer" believed whatever in they wrote. Also, I grew up in a mostly GM family. So owning a Ford really helped get passed any brand bias I might have had.

Sponsored

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
I can say, people LOVE this car. I've been stopped multiple times in parking lots by people who are just interested in the car. All types of people. And I just have a V6. Before I had a GTI and I was basically anonymous.

Everyone wants to race and my Roush exhaust doesn't help. Even routine downshifts make other sports/muscle cars think I'm trying to show off and race.

The flip side to that is that I get thumbs up from a lot of car guys/girls. I get so many more people riding next to me in traffic and throwing the thumbs up or deuce. I cruised with a nice WRX the other day for no other reason than he pulled up next to me and respected my ride.

Before I was all about OEM+ and sleeper cars and the Stang really broke me out of that shell.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
This thread hits home. It has not only allowed me to enjoy my car and have fun but also offer new stuff for thousands of other S550 owners. Really enjoy it!

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I cut out some of my frivolous spending for a while until I adjusted to the 100% increase in my previous vehicle costs. I must say, I really don't mind driving anywhere anymore. I look forward to putting the hammer down. Sometimes I don't want the attention it gets, but most of the time it's cool. I just put the windows up otherwise.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Other than stopping at the gas station more often, not at all.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
My wife owning her 96 GT impacted both of our lives extremely. If it hadn't been for her Mustang I would have never introduced myself to her. That was 18 years ago.
Sponsored