Has anyone ordered a Mach 1 yet

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
I contacted my dealer to see what status they had on my build.

The original build date was scheduled for the week of May 31st. The week of July 5th is the new estimated build date. The Ford portal is still showing a N/A delivery date and I'm assuming it'll be late July if the build date sticks.
Sponsored

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
I contacted my dealer to see what status they had on my build.

The original build date was scheduled for the week of May 31st. The week of July 5th is the new estimated build date. The Ford portal is still showing a N/A delivery date and I'm assuming it'll be late July if the build date sticks.
What date did your dealer submit the order?

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Deposit placed March 29th, Order confirmed by Ford on March 31st.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
ordered on 4/9/2021. I had a delivery date of 7/22/2021. Now it is showing delivery date NA.

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
My order was placed on 4/30. Zach from Granger informed me September will most likely be the delivery date.

Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
My order was placed on 4/30. Zach from Granger informed me September will most likely be the delivery date.
We only placed our order a day apart. Hmmm. I wonder why there is such a large disconnect between my dealers update on the build schedule and what @Zach@Granger is stating for delivery. Allotment? Ford internal memos? Dunno.

I'm toying with the idea of canceling the order and picking up a EB HPP as an alternative.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I'm toying with the idea of canceling the order and picking up a EB HPP as an alternative.
Unless you need a car before your Mach 1 can be delivered please don’t do that. You will regret it. This car is everything it was promised to be and the wait will be worth it.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I would second Atlas1 here, I would strongly advise against that.

If you are interested in EB HPP, I would reevaluate what you want to get out of the car. I'm not saying you are wrong, one really cant be wrong with his own desires in this realm, but the M1 and EB HPP are going to be VERY different animals. The M1 will simply do things, especially at the track, the EB HPP won't be able to do. M1 will certainly be faster, it will not overheat the rear end after a few minutes, it has what is widely considered the better transmission, I'd even argue the M1 ratios are objectively better and more fun as you need to shift more, giving you more interaction with the car. I have driven both transmissions MT-82 D4 and Tremec in M1 and GT350, tremec is way better. V8 vs the turbo 4, there will be a difference in sound, powerband, power in general I can't imagine they would feel anywhere near the same.

More importantly and harder to define, are the intangibles; the feel, the visceral emotional response a car may or may not give you. Heck you can be in a faster car than the Mustang, yet it doesn't "feel" fast, it doesn't give you that full body experience of speed and fun. Sound and torque play a big part here, so does that little sense of danger or being on the edge.

I'm not turning my nose up at EBs, and I think the HPP is a cool car, looks damn good too. For someone who doesn't want a V8 and its associated upfront and maintenance costs, and is not looking to track, but rather enjoys spirited drives on open roads the EB HPP is a great offering. Both will be fun, but they are approaching things from such different ends of the spectrum I'd ask myself again what I'm really buying this car for, which will be better FOR ME and my uses for it.

Last edited:

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Do you think S650 will have something to offer that Mach 1 doesn't have? Not talking about looks since I can't imagine anything better than current looks. Doubt hardware would be improved, especially considering base GT Premium PP1 equivalent (base in Europe) will be the only thing available in Europe and it's a question if we even get V8. They can add things like HUD that I don't need or tablet that I despise (Mach-E is crazy in this regard). I doubt we'll get V8 hybrid, and V6 hybrid will still be just V6. S197 kickstarted it and looked decent, but for me S550 combines the best look with best power and Mach 1 now adds best handling at a great price compared to other coupe cars (BMW, Mercedes, Porsche).

So I asked myself in January, even if I could wait easily for S650, why would I? Mach 1 ticks all the boxes of a dream car that I would like to keep and enjoy forever. Nothing will change regarding this even if I get the car in 2022.
There's always something bigger and better around the corner. But if you always wait for it then you will never have anything.

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Yeah, I've been waiting well over two years to get a Scat Pack. At first it was the price as my trade equity wasn't great, then situation changed, trying to decide on the right trim, rumors of a new model in 2022 (hopefully lighter), now it may be 2023. It had gotten to the point that I started seriously considering other models. I thought about ordering a mach 1 for a minute (even though I didn't really want another Mustang), but got informed it would be at least 3 months. I was going to wait on more info on the new Z, but just heard it will be about 6 months before you can order and still not sure if its for me. So can't decide if I should bite the bullet and order a 1320 while trade in values are good? It sounds like it shouldn't take too long to get at the moment, but who knows for sure? I kind of want to see what the new models will have as far a possibly a turbo 6 or electric assist motor. Either may be as fast or faster than the current V8 with better mileage, but then again there is nothing that sounds as good or can really replace the good old muscle car feel of a big pushrod motor.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
We only placed our order a day apart. Hmmm. I wonder why there is such a large disconnect between my dealers update on the build schedule and what @Zach@Granger is stating for delivery. Allotment? Ford internal memos? Dunno.

No, I am just giving my best estimate from what I've seen the process taking. I'd rather underpromise and over deliver. But Ford and the microchips keep making that harder to accomplish. :frown:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
No, I am just giving my best estimate from what I've seen the process taking. I'd rather underpromise and over deliver. But Ford and the microchips keep making that harder to accomplish. :frown:
Even the local dealer here was telling me a September/October time frame roughly on orders that were done a few weeks ago. This chip shortage situation is horrible. I'm glad the Mach 1 will be my second car so I'm not dying to have a car ASAP but driving my Accord still doesn't give me the same kind of thrill, lol.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Even the local dealer here was telling me a September/October time frame roughly on orders that were done a few weeks ago. This chip shortage situation is horrible. I'm glad the Mach 1 will be my second car so I'm not dying to have a car ASAP but driving my Accord still doesn't give me the same kind of thrill, lol.
Maybe you're doing the Accord wrong.
10_113810.jpg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Maybe you're doing the Accord wrong.
10_113810.jpg
I'll keep mine classy and comfortable. The 2.0T definitely has some zip to it but at the end of the day it's still a boat of a sedan. My dogs love it in the back seat.
Sponsored