Harness question

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
I am about to have the Watson Racing 4pt roll bar installed in my GT350 and was planning to get just one Schroth Profi II ASM harness for the driver side, keeping the OEM Recaro seats. Anybody has knowledge that some HPDE organizers require that if harnesses are installed, they have to be on both driver and passenger seats ? My shop who will do the roll bar/ harness install is stating this ? BTW, I am keeping the OEM safety belts. Thanks
Sponsored

GoesTo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tesla Model 3 P, '17 GT350, '07 Audi RS4
I am about to have the Watson Racing 4pt roll bar installed in my GT350 and was planning to get just one Schroth Profi II ASM harness for the driver side, keeping the OEM Recaro seats. Anybody has knowledge that some HPDE organizers require that if harnesses are installed, they have to be on both driver and passenger seats ? My shop who will do the roll bar/ harness install is stating this ? BTW, I am keeping the OEM safety belts. Thanks
It depends on the organization. Hooked on Driving requires it and I believe other do as well though maybe not all. From HOD policy:

1. In all situations, passengers are to be provided and use the same level of restraint system as the driver.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
And some require the sub belt too. Schroth told me directly on the phone that the organizations that require the sub belt don't always require it go through the seat and bolt to the floor (which is the correct way to do it).

Schroth has insisted that the ASM profi II does a sufficient job to not require the sub belt. I don't use the sub belt because I don't want to have to swap the seats out or cut the OEM seat to incorporate a sub.

As for the passenger seat, yes, get a duplicate setup or remove the seat if you won't have passengers.

You are your own guide when it comes to your own safety. Read up on it all and talk to experts. Make your decision from there.

OP
OP
petstang

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
And some require the sub belt too. Schroth told me directly on the phone that the organizations that require the sub belt don't always require it go through the seat and bolt to the floor (which is the correct way to do it).

Schroth has insisted that the ASM profi II does a sufficient job to not require the sub belt. I don't use the sub belt because I don't want to have to swap the seats out or cut the OEM seat to incorporate a sub.

As for the passenger seat, yes, get a duplicate setup or remove the seat if you won't have passengers.

You are your own guide when it comes to your own safety. Read up on it all and talk to experts. Make your decision from there.
Thanks Tomster, can you clarify a little more about some organizations requiring a sub belt, but not going trough the seat ( which is really not safe) and not bolted to the floor ? What’s the purpose of having the sub belt then? It just hangs loose then ? I don’t get it.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The clubs I run with specify equal safety equipment for Driver and passenger.

I met a guy at a show that had a local shop run a anti sub belt through the center cushion in a GT350 with recaros.. He's not on the forums though. He said the guy at the upholstery shop was very nervous about doing at as there's a lot going on in the seat down there, but in the end it worked out so it is possible.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks Tomster, can you clarify a little more about some organizations requiring a sub belt, but not going trough the seat ( which is really not safe) and not bolted to the floor ? What’s the purpose of having the sub belt then? It just hangs loose then ? I don’t get it.
Because it's required by some organizations and doing it that way would meet the technicality. This was explained to me by schroth customer service. Give them a call.

I'm perfectly happy with my setup (profi II ASM with no sub).

If you want the sub belt and want it done right, you are cutting the seat and drilling the floor or buying a new seat and still drilling the floor.
Sponsored