Sponsored

H-Pipe Crossover Location

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking for an H-Pipe to go along with my Roush axle-backs. I've noticed that the cross-over is at different locations from vendor to vendor. Is there an advantage to having the crossover closer to the engine or farther? Can this impact sound and / or performance?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Bullitt
I'm looking for an H-Pipe to go along with my Roush axle-backs. I've noticed that the cross-over is at different locations from vendor to vendor. Is there an advantage to having the crossover closer to the engine or farther? Can this impact sound and / or performance?
Did anyone ever answer you? I was just wondering the exact same thing.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure you're not seeing different H pipe designs made for different Mustang models?

What I can tell you, if concerned. Having Roush axle-backs, buy the H pipe from them. Better fit and performance is attained when parts are matched. Got good money invested in the axle-backs now. Finish the system off with the same level of quality .

Roush makes and uses good quality parts. Using a better grade of materials, and assembly practices.

Look real close at some of the H & X pipes out there. Focus on the joint where the pipes meet, big differences can be seen.

OP
OP

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply Rapid Red. I ended up going with a Steeda H-Pipe and am pretty pleased with the outcome. Pretty deep as you go thru the lower revs and then it rips at higher RPM.

Black Widow I never did get a response from my original question.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda offers good quality merchandize, glad to read ya rolling and enjoying . Maybe see ya on the road, we're in Woodstock ..

Pep

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Bullitt
zxd9 I know exactly what you are talking about ( at least I think you are). You are meaning where the “ - “ crossover section of the H is located, right? For example, let’s say the total length is 36”, on one the - would be at 20”, another at 16”, and another at 9”. And you want to know if sound or power is different based on the location of the “-“ along the “ | | “

|_| vs |-|

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
If any of y'all wanna part with the OEM "Resonator" I'd be interested in one with about a foot of tailpipe left on it!!:)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Man, if you had posted this last week you would have been in luck. I was in Hilton Head and could have it brought down with me.

If any of y'all wanna part with the OEM "Resonator" I'd be interested in one with about a foot of tailpipe left on it!!:)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Man, if you had posted this last week you would have been in luck. I was in Hilton Head and could have it brought down with me.
Come on back down......the weather will be nice next week!!:sunglasses:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey guys, a semi-related question, if you don't mind: What exactly would you call the stock resonator? Does it act more like an 'X' or 'H' pipe inside? Couldn't find a cutout anywhere, and I'm curious :D. And one of you might know :). Thank you.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, a semi-related question, if you don't mind: What exactly would you call the stock resonator? Does it act more like an 'X' or 'H' pipe inside? Couldn't find a cutout anywhere, and I'm curious :D. And one of you might know :). Thank you.
It's and "H" inside the shell with perforations on one leg on the input and perforations on the other leg on the output with fiberglass packing everywhere........silencing media!!

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
It is neither. There are three divided sections in it. First section both pipes are perforated, second section one pipe is solid the other is perforated, third section is exact opposite of second. All three sections have a packing material. It is more of a straight through resonator with a pressure balance effect but I doubt any scavenging happens

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone ever answer you? I was just wondering the exact same thing.

It is a replacement of the Resonator therefore it goes it the same place.

Pay close to and adhere to the measurement of the 2 cuts on the tail pipes. I will also suggest that you torque the clamps. To much you will distort the clamp and pipe. it never hold position .

One more the pipe has a top and bottom, if wrong. Upside down, tail pipe end of the H or X pipe will pitch downward. Correct straight shot out to the tail pipes.

It is an easy install think and do not get in a hurry.

Before
DSC_0036.jpg

After
DSC_0044.jpg
Sponsored