Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Found some motivation yesterday morning and gave Sarah a Reset bath. After a blow dry, I got out the BigFoot and polished her windshield in preparation for using D's recommended glass prep product, Gyeon Quick View.

Super easy to apply and they say to let it dwell for at least five minutes then wipe off with a damp cloth. The glass was super slippery after polishing but even more so after wiping off the Quick View. MOST impressed.

Then I gave her a coat of Elixir, Perl'd her shoes, and took her out to burnish the rotors. I went up the road about a half mile to my favorite home in the area. It's on at least five acres and while I couldn't find a value for it, it HAS to be at least $3mil. Parked in front of their driveway gate and grabbed some photos.

While shooting, a Porsche came up the driveway. Turns out it was a young guy who said it was his Dad's car but he was REALLY interested in the 500. He came over, took a video of Sarah and when I told him to sit in it, he couldn't believe it. All grins, nice kid.

1688384866393.png

1688384893772.png

1688384914824.png

1688384961872.png

1688384983516.png

Deyon: I also found another new product I like very much and I'm wondering if you use something similar. It's called "Pump Saver." It's an aerosol so you just connect it to the input side and shoot the anti-corrosion liquid in a few times.

1688385122257.png
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
That car looks incredible. I’m already on the Gyeon train thanks to Deyon. The car is so shiny it almost looks fake in the pictures in front of your gate. Just amazing shine. I’m going to give this window treatment a look. I always can’t stand how my windows look at the end of the day.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Very nice car, and nice pictures :). I use the same exact pump saver on my gas pressure washer. Always prime the pump and change the pump oil every fall before putting away for the winter. has worked great for me so far. As for Gyeon, I just got my first Gyeon product the other day and tried it out today. Got me a bottle of Gyeon Bathe and washed my car. Wasn't impressed at first, the soap didn't make a lot of foam, the foam cannon was kinda meh, but running between my fingers and found out it was super slick and worked really well in the bucket and on my Incredimit. The more I washed, the more impressed I was. It also worked extremely well on my coated wheels, no effort at all to clean off the brake dust and grime. I am glad I added to my arsenal. Still love Reset better and I really like KCx GSF as well as NV Snow, but it definitely has a place in my cabinet.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Found some motivation yesterday morning and gave Sarah a Reset bath. After a blow dry, I got out the BigFoot and polished her windshield in preparation for using D's recommended glass prep product, Gyeon Quick View.

Super easy to apply and they say to let it dwell for at least five minutes then wipe off with a damp cloth. The glass was super slippery after polishing but even more so after wiping off the Quick View. MOST impressed.

Then I gave her a coat of Elixir, Perl'd her shoes, and took her out to burnish the rotors. I went up the road about a half mile to my favorite home in the area. It's on at least five acres and while I couldn't find a value for it, it HAS to be at least $3mil. Parked in front of their driveway gate and grabbed some photos.

While shooting, a Porsche came up the driveway. Turns out it was a young guy who said it was his Dad's car but he was REALLY interested in the 500. He came over, took a video of Sarah and when I told him to sit in it, he couldn't believe it. All grins, nice kid.

1688384866393.png

1688384893772.png

1688384914824.png

1688384961872.png

1688384983516.png

Deyon: I also found another new product I like very much and I'm wondering if you use something similar. It's called "Pump Saver." It's an aerosol so you just connect it to the input side and shoot the anti-corrosion liquid in a few times.

1688385122257.png
Looks like I'm about to go shopping! :giggle:

The glass, and the whole car, looks fantastic. :clap:

What polish did you use on the glass?

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, D. Coming from you is quite something for which to be proud. <smiling> As for the polish, I used Sonax Perfect Finish which is my goto compound along with a Rupes white Fine pad.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks, D. Coming from you is quite something for which to be proud. <smiling> As for the polish, I used Sonax Perfect Finish which is my goto compound along with a Rupes white Fine pad.
Thought so, I love Perfect Finish too.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
That car looks incredible.
Very nice car, and nice pictures
Thank you Alex and Brett. The additional shine came about over two years ago when I polished the car for the first time with the same compound and pad I used on the glass then, gave her a coat of CarPro's CQuartz. That treatment is what generated the gloss I achieved. I haven't touched her with a polisher (other than the glass) since early 2021, just normal clear coat maintenance.

But, she does have a very few mars here and there and I plan to give her another polishing this Fall. The ceramic is still beading like new but I figure after three years, there won't be that much of the nanocoating left to slow down the polishing. At least I hope so.

Thanks again for the positive comments, folks.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Very nice car, and nice pictures :). I use the same exact pump saver on my gas pressure washer. Always prime the pump and change the pump oil every fall before putting away for the winter. has worked great for me so far. As for Gyeon, I just got my first Gyeon product the other day and tried it out today. Got me a bottle of Gyeon Bathe and washed my car. Wasn't impressed at first, the soap didn't make a lot of foam, the foam cannon was kinda meh, but running between my fingers and found out it was super slick and worked really well in the bucket and on my Incredimit. The more I washed, the more impressed I was. It also worked extremely well on my coated wheels, no effort at all to clean off the brake dust and grime. I am glad I added to my arsenal. Still love Reset better and I really like KCx GSF as well as NV Snow, but it definitely has a place in my cabinet.
I'm not sure if this is the same in the USA, but Gyeon has started to sell a small selection of their products in one of our automotive chain stores (Repco), this includes Bathe. I find some people prefer to buy products in a bricks and mortar store instead of online, well Bathe is easily the best soap available on the shelf at a regular store.

Virtually all other soaps sold next to Bathe in those stores contain some form of wax, gloss enhancer or sealant, so a pure soap is hard to come by. This applies to Meguiar's, Mothers, Turtle Wax, Autoglym, Bowden's..............................In some cases that doesn't matter, but an increasing number of cars are now ceramic coated or have some form of Si02 sealant applied, which tend to reject those soaps and cause hazing, streaks or a greasy appearance. Hence Bathe is a common recommendation.

But your summery of where it sits in relation to Reset, GSF and Snow are sound. I have to say, good on you for trying NV Snow, it's a great product that's fairly unknown outside of Australia.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure if this is the same in the USA, but Gyeon has started to sell a small selection of their products in one of our automotive chain stores (Repco), this includes Bathe. I find some people prefer to buy products in a bricks and mortar store instead of online, well Bathe is easily the best soap available on the shelf at a regular store.

Virtually all other soaps sold next to Bathe in those stores contain some form of wax, gloss enhancer or sealant, so a pure soap is hard to come by. This applies to Meguiar's, Mothers, Turtle Wax, Autoglym, Bowden's..............................In some cases that doesn't matter, but an increasing number of cars are now ceramic coated or have some form of Si02 sealant applied, which tend to reject those soaps and cause hazing, streaks or a greasy appearance. Hence Bathe is a common recommendation.

But your summery of where it sits in relation to Reset, GSF and Snow are sound. I have to say, good on you for trying NV Snow, it's a great product that's fairly unknown outside of Australia.
Thanks, your advice has led me in a solid direction so far I really appreciate it. I haven't seen any Gyeon in stores yet, would be nice if they did appear. Mainly Meguiars, Mothers, Griots, and CG in the retail stores here. I'm thinking about getting a sample box of Gyeon products soon to try out a few more. I have heard the Bathe+, and Foam soaps are nice as well. I also want to try Wet Coat in comparison to Carpro Hydro2

I found an online store that sells NV products here, am glad I bought it. I haven't tried NV Snow on my Mustang yet but did wash my daily driver last weekend, it's not coated at all, just use Hydro2 every wash or two on it.. It cleaned it up real well, I was impressed with the cleaning ability, slickness and the smell is pretty nice too. I am probably going to get some Purge next and try in comparison to KCx Magic Wheel Cleaner. I really love MWC, on my daily driver as it gets really nasty with all the miles I drive. I have heard Purge does a comparable job at a cheaper price per ounce.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks, your advice has led me in a solid direction so far I really appreciate it. I haven't seen any Gyeon in stores yet, would be nice if they did appear. Mainly Meguiars, Mothers, Griots, and CG in the retail stores here. I'm thinking about getting a sample box of Gyeon products soon to try out a few more. I have heard the Bathe+, and Foam soaps are nice as well. I also want to try Wet Coat in comparison to Carpro Hydro2

I found an online store that sells NV products here, am glad I bought it. I haven't tried NV Snow on my Mustang yet but did wash my daily driver last weekend, it's not coated at all, just use Hydro2 every wash or two on it.. It cleaned it up real well, I was impressed with the cleaning ability, slickness and the smell is pretty nice too. I am probably going to get some Purge next and try in comparison to KCx Magic Wheel Cleaner. I really love MWC, on my daily driver as it gets really nasty with all the miles I drive. I have heard Purge does a comparable job at a cheaper price per ounce.
I have used both Magic Wheel Cleaner and Purge, although I have more experience with Purge.

IMG-4048.jpg

I prefer Purge because of the superior coverage and lower price.

For these neglected wheels, Purge delivered almost a touchless clean, as in spray, allow to react and then rinse. Naturally, I followed with a contact wash using some Brake Buster, but the chemicals cleaning ability without agitation is very impressive. It's also the only iron-remover type product I can tolerate in terms of stench, same with NV Purify.

Nv Purge | Reactive Wheel Cleaner | Parks Car Care
Nv Purify | Iron Remover & Clay Lubricant | Parks Car Care

IMG-1998.jpg

IMG-2005.jpg

IMG-2008.jpg

IMG-2012.jpg

Sorry for derailing this thread.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
@kilobravo , man I am 2 weeks in on my coat of Quick view and I must say I love it. I have driven in some frog strangler rain a couple times in my daily driver now and very little wipers needed. Very good stuff :). I am glad I tried it out.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
@kilobravo , man I am 2 weeks in on my coat of Quick view and I must say I love it.
Oh yeah, D gave us some killer gouge on Quick View, Alex. Sarah has not seen rain in her three years so I haven't had a chance to check the repelling abilities but the glass sheets the water even better than the clear coat and no more streaks in the sun.
Sponsored