Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
Again, not too worried when I have this:

Haha, nice ute. Sounds a lot like you may need a new battery. Love the numberplate though!!!

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
The battery isn't too old, but the wiring and the starter are. I bought the truck after it sat for 17 years, so yeah. Plus it never runs enough to get the battery charged back up.

Stupid ancient alternator.

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
The battery isn't too old, but the wiring and the starter are. I bought the truck after it sat for 17 years, so yeah. Plus it never runs enough to get the battery charged back up.

Stupid ancient alternator.
I watched it a second time and I did start to think the same. Are you going to replace all of the faulty parts? Also you should get that seat reupholstered.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The Miata is just too small for my taste. I don't fit in it very well, and while I love convertibles for about four months of the year, in the really cold and really warm they are a pain. They are always security and safety risks. But darn fun to drive, if you fit.

Sponsored

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
Miata? Did I hear you correctly?

No.... just no.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I honestly don't think many people wanting a mustang are cross shopping it with a Miata.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Honestly I can see it. I could see people looking into any sports coupe. Especially probable is someone wanting a Miata and looking into the Mustang because of it is still fun, capable, and more practical. A 200hp Miata on my old commute would be the most fun I could possibly have, but a 2 seater isn't practical for me or I would be getting a C6.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Haven't been on here much recently, but there's a reason.

The Miata. Specifically the 2016 Miata. I've always wanted one, just like I've always wanted a Mustang. My heart has been set for years on the Mustang, but the new Miata has really made me fall in love with the little roadster. Seriously, the idea of a light, agile, efficient, and cheaper DD is sounding very, very appealing to me.

Take me back to the dark side, guys!
Why would I ever talk someone out of a Miata, especially a new one.

If your a Mustang enthusiast, that likely isn't going to change after you purchase a different car.

Another thing, the S550 will continue to evolve. WHo knows where it will be at in 2018 and beyond. I have always considered the tail end of a Generation the "Enthusiast Era" anyway. We are in the "Volume Era" now and it already looks good.

Choices, choices... Rejoices for our choices...

You are stuck between two affordable performance vehicles... Like being between two very attainable Bikini models.

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
Why would I ever talk someone out of a Miata, especially a new one.

If your a Mustang enthusiast, that likely isn't going to change after you purchase a different car.

Another thing, the S550 will continue to evolve. WHo knows where it will be at in 2018 and beyond. I have always considered the tail end of a Generation the "Enthusiast Era" anyway. We are in the "Volume Era" now and it already looks good.

Choices, choices... Rejoices for our choices...
Yes that is true, once a mustang enthusiast, always a mustang enthusiast.

Sponsored

Caballo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I totally understand the pull of the new Miata. You're looking at at over a 1500 pound weight delta between it and a GT. Obviously two totally different cars. Don't listen to the mouth breathers on here that call it a girls car, if it's what you're in to the go for it. I'd love to pick a used one up in a few years throw in a cage, some coilovers and some race rubber and go track it...something like this maybe :headbang::cheers:

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
I totally understand the pull of the new Miata. You're looking at at over a 1500 pound weight delta between it and a GT. Obviously two totally different cars. Don't listen to the mouth breathers on here that call it a girls car, if it's what you're in to the go for it. I'd love to pick a used one up in a few years throw in a cage, some coilovers and some race rubber and go track it...something like this maybe :headbang::cheers:

Looking at it there with all those mods, it doesn't look too bad. But its just that when I look at it without mods that it looks bad.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Look at the Mustang Convertible Ecoboost with Performance Package and manual transmission. It's priced similarly to what Miata will go for and even better -

While I agree with most of what you said, you are crazy on that part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Haven't been on here much recently, but there's a reason.

The Miata. Specifically the 2016 Miata. I've always wanted one, just like I've always wanted a Mustang. My heart has been set for years on the Mustang, but the new Miata has really made me fall in love with the little roadster. Seriously, the idea of a light, agile, efficient, and cheaper DD is sounding very, very appealing to me.

Take me back to the dark side, guys!
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.