Sponsored

Guess what? Motortrend favors the Camaro again

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I guess it's just hopeless at this point :headbonk:
iv heard of the deals people are getting now but at the time I looked they weren't discounting 18s and my 15gtpp ac was going out for the 3rd time with only 1 month left on the warranty so i had limited time. and i cant find times between the gt350 and gt350r but you don't think the gt350r having lighter rims, wider better tires, more areo, and less weight the gt350 will be right around the tine the 1le pulled
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
iv heard of the deals people are getting now but at the time I looked they weren't discounting 18s and my 15gtpp ac was going out for the 3rd time with only 1 month left on the warranty so i had limited time. and i cant find times between the gt350 and gt350r but you don't think the gt350r having lighter rims, wider better tires, more areo, and less weight the gt350 will be right around the tine the 1le pulled
Lighter wheels is negligible, maybe a tenth or 2
Tires will probably be the biggest difference, but I don't think anywhere near 1.6 seconds on LS. My best guess would be 1-1.2 seconds total between the 2. Keep in mind, 1.6 seconds is the difference between a $60k track rat sedan and an all out mid-engine supercar
More aero is, again, negligible. The only REAL aero advantage the R has is that wing.

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Lighter wheels is negligible, maybe a tenth or 2
Tires will probably be the biggest difference, but I don't think anywhere near 1.6 seconds on LS. My best guess would be 1-1.2 seconds total between the 2. Keep in mind, 1.6 seconds is the difference between a $60k track rat sedan and an all out mid-engine supercar
More aero is, again, negligible. The only REAL aero advantage the R has is that wing.
you don't think the front splitter is adding more force helping grip, I believe is a bit different then the regular gt350

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
:shrug: no clue on what your talking about.
Why the failed platform is outselling a supercar. Even with the Mustang fleet sales the Camaro should be easily be in first place every month without any doubt.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The second year mustang sales still was ahead of the first year...brand new, alpha is God chassis camaro. It took until the end of the third year for the camaro to finally catch up.

Last years sales were comparable, but let's not pretend the first two years didn't pile up a huge sales advantage for the mustang.

So no, overall sales are not close.
The dodge trolls do the same thing and try to pretend 2015 and 2016 didn’t exist or use the year to year % changes to say the Mustang is failing. The Camaro should be outselling both the Mustang and Challenger by tens of thousands of cars based on how much better it is. But it is not. Something doesn’t add up.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The dodge trolls do the same thing and try to pretend 2015 and 2016 didn’t exist or use the year to year % changes to say the Mustang is failing. The Camaro should be outselling both the Mustang and Challenger by tens of thousands of cars based on how much better it is. But it is not. Something doesn’t add up.
I think it's pretty easy to understand why the Mustang outsold Camaro and Challenger: It's by a few thousand dollars the cheapest car (pre-fl), it has the best practical value (especially in terms of visibility) and the design is the most classy/european and least muscle-car one.

Without doubt the Camaro is the best sportscar of the three, but it's clearly the least pratical too. And most people surely prefer having a huge trunk and rearseat space than having a better handling and performance right from the factory.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Why the failed platform is outselling a supercar. Even with the Mustang fleet sales the Camaro should be easily be in first place every month without any doubt.
One, the 6th gen to many of the 5th gen look to close, thus didn’t feel the need to upgrade.
Two, the ATP on the Camaro was about $5000 more then the Mustang, so the Mustang sold much cheaper so more affordable to many.
Three, all mustang GT comes with all season tires unless you get the PP. No SS has all season tires, thus narrows buyers.
2016 and 2017 sales of both were about even retail wise to guys like you and me off the streets, so the Camaro is doing just as good as the mustang. We will see how 2018 will go with Mustang higher price.:cheers:

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
One, the 6th gen to many of the 5th gen look to close, thus didn’t feel the need to upgrade.
Two, the ATP on the Camaro was about $5000 more then the Mustang, so the Mustang sold much cheaper so more affordable to many.
Three, all mustang GT comes with all season tires unless you get the PP. No SS has all season tires, thus narrows buyers.
2016 and 2017 sales of both were about even retail wise to guys like you and me off the streets, so the Camaro is doing just as good as the mustang. We will see how 2018 will go with Mustang higher price.:cheers:
people think the 6gen looks like the 5gen? I absolutely hated the gen5 but like the gen6, I think it looks more aggressive

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
people think the 6gen looks like the 5gen? I absolutely hated the gen5 but like the gen6, I think it looks more aggressive
The change between 5th and 6th is there, but there close enough for many not to upgrade. I know I was one of them who didn't upgrade, thus got the Vette.

The 5th and 6th gen Mustang was a huge change and for the better, so many upgraded.:cheers:

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
The change between 5th and 6th is there, but there close enough for many not to upgrade. I know I was one of them who didn't upgrade, thus got the Vette.
200.gif

Sponsored

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt

The 5th and 6th gen Mustang was a huge change and for the better, so many upgraded.:cheers:
ya i agree the gen5 mustang and gen6 were way different, I had both, not just in looks but ride quality was night and day. it was worth the upgrade

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Oh my.... let's go through this one at a time:

3. Please explain how GM has a "better chassis", I've asked countless Chebby guys this, and not a single one has been able to answer me.
What you're asking for would probably take a level of insider knowledge that would get anybody on the inside at Chevrolet fired if they disclosed it.

Outside of GM, if you haven't been asking at least at the JPSS (Pete Basica, mostly Camaro) or possibly Vorshlag (Terry Fair, more Mustang) level, you've probably been wasting your time. I'm sure there's a few others; those names are off the top of my head (but with basis beyond having had occasional dealings with both).

Norm

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Mustang beats the Camaro every time...

Because Camaro drivers still have to get into the car, making them loozers.

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I had a 2015 mustang GT/PP and now i have a 2017 SS/1LE. The mustang is cheaper overall, going by MSRP. Chevy cannot sell the Camaro, look at their commercials, all about JDPower awards nothing specific to Camaro. No specific advertising/marketing for the Camaro at all. The Challenger probably sells better than the camaro honestly. Numbers on paper the Camaro is better and more expensive.(maybe not anymore since the 2018 are 50k now). The average person is not buying a car for numbers, and will most likely buy a mustang or challenger over the camaro.

After having the Camaro for a year now, i can say the mustang was more comfortable for daily driving. The Camaro gets better MPG though, all comparison stock for stock. Mustang was quieter, i had a corsa extreme put on. Miss the Corsa extreme a little bit. The tremec transmission is noticeably better than the MT-82. I barely use the camaro to its limits in daily driving. I have maybe used it close to its limits maybe three times in a year.

Honestly if i could do it over, id probably buy another mustang and keep the difference in money. The only reason i bought the camaro is someone totaled my mustang and wanted to try something different. Overall experience, I can say the camaro is better on paper but even then barely better. Not worth the price difference of 2015 GT/PP to 1LE. I got the Mustang got 33k @ 0% and 1LE for 41k.

Last edited:

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
how is adm irrelevant, no one is buying that car for msrp and i guess the hellcat would destroy them all around the track since it has more power right, power means nothing without being able to put it down. and ya ill bet a 1le will beat or at least tie a gt350. And your 100% right I haven't had a car on a track and never claimed to have doesn't mean i cant compare cars, if that's the case guessing half the people here couldnt.
I wouldn't include ADM into the pricing of any car, especially GT350's. I heard of people getting them with no ADM in fact. Whether it be Chevy, Ford, BMW, Toyota.. I never include ADM for a price comparison of any car. THose are just dealers being greedy and the car shouldn't have to take a hit for that. ADM's are for people who have that much disposable income to be one of the first people to get the hot new item.
Sponsored