ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
If I'm being honest, I have not _not_ thought about a ZL1 convertible. :D

I thought I wanted to supercharge the existing ride, '16 GT convertible Perf Pack (manual, tune/intake/wheels/suspension mods), but I've been down the road of extensive aftermarket on a few cars, and I feel like I may want to start with more performance stock.

I also have been considering - gasp - going with an automatic. I've had a number of manuals in a row (a few rides being manual only, S2K, Z06), but it's kind of a drag not having two cars, that both the wife and I can drive (I don't blame her for not wanting learn/hassle with a manual at this point in her life ...)

The MY18+ GTs are a bit quicker and offer some neat new options like mag suspension, digital dash, dual mode exhaust - they have the terrific new A10, but I really like trying new cars, I feel like back-to-back GTs isn't enough of a change, even with the aforementioned MY18 improvements - and really, it's not enough a performance jump, I'd be back to considering FI at some point.

So, a convertible, with factory FI, that's fast OOTB, crazy with just bolt-ons, seats 4 (well, 2 + 1 tiny person!), looks great (really like the stock wheel setup, some of the ZL1 specific design elements like the hood), plenty of tech/features, available with "the same" A10, pushes my buttons with regard to V8 powered domestics, and I've never owned one.

It breaks my rule of "variable trunk space", I'm less a fan of the interior vs. the Mustang (has some odd design choices), but the supercharged LT4 is terrific, especially paired with the A10, the top mechanism is slick (30MPH and remote operation), plus since most of my time in a convertible is with the top down, visibility is less of an issue.

Not near doing anything yet (which could wind up supercharging the current GT), but I have done a little investigation, and one owner, very low mileage '17s are going for mid/upper $50Ks.
Convertibles are nice until you realize they are 4200 lbs tanks on wheels but no visibility problems with tops down :D
Sponsored