Sponsored

GUARD S550 MUSTANG Thread

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I misread your comment, my bad. Initially thought you were referring to the added tumblehome thanks to the C-pillars tapering inward toward the rear deck.

Edit: I do have to say, it's good to see someone that pays close attention to car design. :)
It's all good Sean. It must be in the name. LOL I actually wanted to be a Car Designer when I was younger, but Life Happened and I couldn't go to School for it.
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's all good Sean. It must be in the name. LOL I actually wanted to be a Car Designer when I was younger, but Life Happened and I couldn't go to School for it.
We've got to be alter egos; that is honestly my life story. I made serious plans to attend Art Center in California in an attempt to work for a European design studio (or preferably the stateside-based BMW design center), only to balk at the opportunity because the odds seemed completely stacked against me. Four years of industrial/transportation design at roughly $40k/year only to end up with an art degree and enter an extremely competitive market with a high rate of failure? I mean, I get it. You pay that kind of money not only to get an extremely comprehensive education, but mainly for the networking opportunities. You go to Art Center to get in with a make outside of the US, or you go to CCS to try and get in with one of the Big Three. Either way, it didn't sound so enticing, so I've played the conservative route, decided to enter a career path that's lucrative, and ultimately afford the cars I like and make cars my primary hobby, if not my career. I'll be honest, there is never a month that goes by where I don't regret my backing down from that dream path.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
That's Crazy. I had my sights set on Art Center as well. I would have loved to work for Audi or BMW Back in the late 80's early 90's but ultimately really wanted to work for Ford in Europe or America. Unfortunately the resources weren't there for me to go right out of High School and my Grandfather got sick, so I put my life on hold to take care of him because I was the only one in a position to do it. After he passed away I decided to go to a local Chain Art School for Commercial Art only to learn I already knew more than 1/2 the Teachers. After 4 Campus Moves in less than a year and a half among quite a few other issues I realized the School was a Scam and left when all they had to offer for Job Placement were Jobs from theWant Ad's. I still dabble with Car Design as a Hobby and do some freelance Logo Design every now and then. I have to ask about your Screen Name, are you from South Florida?

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
guard1.jpg

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
You are killing me. :) Looks great in that shot.

No... I must stay with Black.. I must stay with Black.. :headbonk:

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Shots like this make me *almost* wish I'd gone with Guard. If the color was a bit more consistent looking, I'd have probably gone with it.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Almost like it was photoshopped, like the black one, the magnetic one, will we see others?

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That's Crazy. I had my sights set on Art Center as well. I would have loved to work for Audi or BMW Back in the late 80's early 90's but ultimately really wanted to work for Ford in Europe or America. Unfortunately the resources weren't there for me to go right out of High School and my Grandfather got sick, so I put my life on hold to take care of him because I was the only one in a position to do it. After he passed away I decided to go to a local Chain Art School for Commercial Art only to learn I already knew more than 1/2 the Teachers. After 4 Campus Moves in less than a year and a half among quite a few other issues I realized the School was a Scam and left when all they had to offer for Job Placement were Jobs from theWant Ad's. I still dabble with Car Design as a Hobby and do some freelance Logo Design every now and then. I have to ask about your Screen Name, are you from South Florida?
No kidding... that's pretty crazy. I'm in the good old Tampa/St. Pete area, born and raised. Never done any type of work related to design, I just keep myself preoccupied by staying obsessively on top of trends and continuing to produce sketches. It could be considered either a time waster or me keeping myself in check in case I have an early/mid-life crisis and decide to pursue that career path at some point. :D

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Why is it that all of these shots people are showing of it "in the wild" look green, while all the shots of it on stages or at presentations look just like a regular grey?
Sponsored