GT500 HE spotted at James Ford!

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I got that beat. Mine is a GT500HE with just the car cover lol. I'm looking to turn it into a SE

Also, is it me, or do the painted stripes look a bit closer to Wimbledon White than the vinyl stripes do?
Congrats on getting the GT500SE package and the HE!

There is a difference in the color between painted stripes and vinyl. That’s the reason why all painted stripe equipped cars only come with over the top stripes and no side stripes.

Ford was never going to have Penske paint both the top and the sides, so it would’ve had to be a mix between paint and vinyl, andFord told me that the vinyl doesn’t match the paint, so that is why the paint only comes with over the top only.

So yes, the vinyl will not match the Wimbledon White paint.
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Do we know for certain there will be no more GT500?
They'll be one for the S650 surely. It just will probably be a few years into the run.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
My friends bought car number 2 (N0002). The most basic GT, almost nothing on it—only options were side stripes and the Technology Package—MSRP $81,725They paid $114 before taxes.

Last GT500 and super hard to come by allocations equals mandatory ADM. They didn’t care, they needed a car to turn it into a KR.
I got to see that car in the showroom.
I liked the orange in person.
Still can’t wait to see an HE with BLACK painted stripes.
I have a CFTP version I doubt will be built but I can hope.
-J

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I got to see that car in the showroom.
I liked the orange in person.
Still can’t wait to see an HE with BLACK painted stripes.
I have a CFTP version I doubt will be built but I can hope.
-J
Did you option the CFTP car with black painted stripes?

If anyone with the tech skills sees this, can you please photoshop this car as is but with black top and side stripes....please. If possible leave the red pin stripes. I'll pay it back or forward or whatever. 🤞

9178FFCA-ED19-4E7B-AE58-53EB0827069E.jpeg

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Did you option the CFTP car with black painted stripes?

If anyone with the tech skills sees this, can you please photoshop this car as is but with black top and side stripes....please. If possible leave the red pin stripes. I'll pay it back or forward or whatever. 🤞

9178FFCA-ED19-4E7B-AE58-53EB0827069E.jpeg

9178FFCA-ED19-4E7B-AE58-53EB0827069E.jpg

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
You're my hero. Thank you. I o u 1

What app is that so I don't have to beg again? Teach a man to fish....

I will say, that guys car looks better with the white stripes, red, tint, wheels. He nailed it. I'll have to get back to the drawing board.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
You're my hero. Thank you. I o u 1

What app is that so I don't have to beg again? Teach a man to fish....

I will say, that guys car looks better with the white stripes, red, tint, wheels. He nailed it. I'll have to get back to the drawing board.
Photoshop. Just lasso tool and paint bucket.

I only did the top stripes because you have painted stripes. If you are thinking about adding vinyl to the side, you might want to really think about that because you don’t want to have multiple GT500 logos all over the car—just my opinion.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Photoshop. Just lasso tool and paint bucket.

I only did the top stripes because you have painted stripes. If you are thinking about adding vinyl to the side, you might want to really think about that because you don’t want to have multiple GT500 logos all over the car—just my opinion.
I am considering side vinyl. I might just add this type though. That was my PP2 and i enjoyed the style.
Screenshot_20220718-105750_Photos.jpg

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I am considering side vinyl. I might just add this type though. That was my PP2 and i enjoyed the style.
Screenshot_20220718-105750_Photos.jpg
Just make sure it matches and you’ll be fine.

Sponsored

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Not intending to hijack the topic, but I saw this one and it kind of confuses me, as I thought Heritage Editions seem hard to get ...

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Saw one drive through the weekend car show but when I went to find him, he was gone. FWIW, I think the paint color looks much better in person. BTW, this one had white stripes and it was a Track Pack.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Not intending to hijack the topic, but I saw this one and it kind of confuses me, as I thought Heritage Editions seem hard to get ...

That is a CFTP HE with vinyl stripes. What’s hard to understand? Cars will be bought by third party dealerships. The salesman in the video alludes that they are hard to find to buy as he says “be on a waiting list” or come by here. I bet their markup will be handsome. I’ve seen Vinyl HE’s sell for 150k in TX.

Here’s a painted stripe HE CFTP that arrived yesterday at Villa Ford in Tustin, CA.

F8AC8EEF-E8CE-4AB2-9E74-A304CE409243.jpeg

6A6F95EB-AE20-4DB1-AA8F-CEAC149E1ECF.jpeg

1C83CA87-E7EF-420C-AF17-8FE952AC7306.jpeg

They want the standard $164k

Saw one drive through the weekend car show but when I went to find him, he was gone. FWIW, I think the paint color looks much better in person. BTW, this one had white stripes and it was a Track Pack.
Most are white, vinyl’s all have white stripes. What matters most in identifying is did it have side stripes? If side stripes= vinyl HE. If no side stripes = painted stripe HE with the GT500 logo on the hood.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The car had the new side stripes. Hope I get a look at it one of these days but, as others have said, it's just paint and stripes, otherwise, it's the same vehicle that many of us purchased.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
The car had the new side stripes. Hope I get a look at it one of these days but, as others have said, it's just paint and stripes, otherwise, it's the same vehicle that many of us purchased.
vinyl HE then.

“And just paint and stripes” yah, just like the Ford GT Heritage edition models. They were just paint and stripes too—but that was a limited edition package that includes those paint and stripes. Ford thought it was special, they released a lot of Heritage editions of that car.
Sponsored

Last edited: