Sponsored

GT350R with replacement engine live on BaT!

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
That’s pretty damning for that car not being able to squeeze out a dollar passed the $60k mark.
The car did need a good detail, which showed in the pictures, which probably didn't help.

.... but the license plate frame. Honestly the replacement engine or the 8000 miles would not bother me as much as seeing HOONIGAN.

a little pre-sale prep would have helped, IMHO
Sponsored

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Seems the engine replacement had an effect on this one.
That plus the somewhat high mileage, not too flattering pics of the interior or exterior and being site unseen. Just seemed like a too good to be true price point.

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Orange 2019 R just popped up on BaT.... this should do well over 60 I'd hope!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The 2015R went for $115,500
I have a very close friend and fellow car buddy who really wanted a 2015 GT350R ever since they launched back in early July 2015 and of course the demand for the 50th Anniversary 2015 Shelby GT350/R's was incredible.

Because he did not get an allocation for one of the 37 cars he had to wait for an opportunity to secure one of these elusive and cool cars sometime down the road after which time both him and I kept our eyes open for an opportunity to secure a used 2015 GT350R.

Of course before any of these 37 R's could be sold to the general public the new owners had to complete the 3 year "Non Transferable" ownership/title agreement as mandated by Mark Fields who was Ford's CEO at the time therefore none of these cars were eligible for resale until sometime in late July 2018.

As most of us enthusiasts know not many of these 2015 GT350R's come up for sale but when John Atzbach's car came up for sale last July at Mecum in Indy we both were there for that auction with my good friend wanting to purchase that car.

Unfortunately that car went for $148,500 and had just over 6,000 miles on it therefore he could not justify paying over $150,000 for that very cool car even if it was chassis #37.

That lead him up to this last Mecum Auction at Kissimmee after which time I said to my good friend that this may be the only opportunity left for him or anyone for that matter to purchase a 2015 GT350R that is still on the MSO, untitled, low miles and still in the wrapper therefore suggested to him that he take a very strong look at bidding on this car.

We both thought that we had a good idea where chassis #16 might hammer based on the above very unique criteria and also having watched a select few 2015 R's being sold in the past therefore when the hammer fell at $105,000 plus buyers fee for this car it was a surprize to both of us and the rest is history.

Bottom line is don't ever give up on the car of your dreams and never say never as you just can't be totally sure that the car of your dreams is gone and not obtainable.

:clap: :clap:

Sponsored

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
2 to 3K miles a year is considered high mileage?
8k seems a bit high for R’s and that’s what this 2017 had. That’s my perspective from my last 2 months of pounding the pavement for an R. I was ok with settling on 3500 miles.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That plus the somewhat high mileage, not too flattering pics of the interior or exterior and being site unseen. Just seemed like a too good to be true price point.
It could have been presented better for sure. But I don't think that's what killed it.

8k seems a bit high for R’s and that’s what this 2017 had. That’s my perspective from my last 2 months of pounding the pavement for an R. I was ok with settling on 3500 miles.
Objectively, 2k miles/ year is low mileage on pretty much any car. That said, if someone wants a barely-driven car, there are certainly plenty of garage queens around to go find.

I continue to believe (and I think the data support) that BaT is not the ideal audience for GT350/GT350R. There have been a couple strong sales, but a whole lot of poor pricing too. Most newer cars don't do very well on BaT unless they have the word Porsche AND a "GTx" on the engine cover, or a prancing horse on the nose.

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie R code, 2020 GT350R, 1991 Mazda Miata SE
The black R on BAT that went for $55k was claimed to have a replacement Gen2 Voodoo. I asked the seller for the engine tag data. He posted a photo of it, which showed that it was a not a Gen2 but a Gen1 engine. It was the correct engine series for the model year, though.
Sponsored