Sponsored

GT350R Wing

Timemachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Installing Anderson Composites 350R wing and I want to mount it as close to the factory location as possible. Anybody have any pics they could share?
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Installing Anderson Composites 350R wing and I want to mount it as close to the factory location as possible. Anybody have any pics they could share?
I just did mine a month or so ago. If you got the correct R wing that came with the dog bones and not the cheaper one, it's actually kinda hard to screw it up. Use the dog bones as a template for the holes as they are contoured and will only fit one way. They fit the contour of the inside of the trunk lid and cannot move around but ever so much. Sorry I don't have pics, but once you hold them up in place, it should make sense. This will drive where the wing sits. The wing also fits the slight contour of the outside of the trunk, which also, dictates where it sits. I can take pics of any angles you request, but I forgot to take any during the install.

OP
OP

Timemachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks for the info, makes sense. I did get the one with dog bones. Is there two only fasteners per side?

I just did mine a month or so ago. If you got the correct R wing that came with the dog bones and not the cheaper one, it's actually kinda hard to screw it up. Use the dog bones as a template for the holes as they are contoured and will only fit one way. They fit the contour of the inside of the trunk lid and cannot move around but ever so much. Sorry I don't have pics, but once you hold them up in place, it should make sense. This will drive where the wing sits. The wing also fits the slight contour of the outside of the trunk, which also, dictates where it sits. I can take pics of any angles you request, but I forgot to take any during the install.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks for the info, makes sense. I did get the one with dog bones. Is there two only fasteners per side?
Not quite sure what that meant. There’s three bolts per side/one dog bone per side. Two bolts go down through the dog bones, and there’s a stud made Into the wing that goes down through an existing hole that you put a nut on, for a total of three per side.

And oh yeah, there’s a stud on each side of the wing that goes through an existing hole in the trunk. This also helps with alignment and will only let the wing sit in one spot. There’s really no way to get the wing in the wrong spot. Or even a different spot for that matter. The only trick is getting the two (new) outer dog bone holes aligned with the threads in the wing before you still, but like I said, using the dog bones as a template helps with that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Timemachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not quite sure what that meant. There’s three bolts per side/one dog bone per side. Two bolts go down through the dog bones, and there’s a stud made Into the wing that goes down through an existing hole that you put a nut on, for a total of three per side.

And oh yeah, there’s a stud on each side of the wing that goes through an existing hole in the trunk. This also helps with alignment and will only let the wing sit in one spot. There’s really no way to get the wing in the wrong spot. Or even a different spot for that matter. The only trick is getting the two (new) outer dog bone holes aligned with the threads in the wing before you still, but like I said, using the dog bones as a template helps with that.
Sorry, my question wasn't very clear. Your response answered it though. I am using a spoiler delete trunk lid so I am guessing the stud will be tricky to line up for drilling. Appreciate the help.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sorry, my question wasn't very clear. Your response answered it though. I am using a spoiler delete trunk lid so I am guessing the stud will be tricky to line up for drilling. Appreciate the help.
Aaaahhhh, yes. Yes, unfortunately that'll add a little trickery to it. That stud on the wing is pretty long, making it tough to get the wing close enough to the surface to check positioning. Thinking off the cuff, I'd probably try to get a trunk with that factory hole in it and take a good look and some measurements to start. That hole doesn't have to be super small.
Sponsored