Sponsored

GT350R Wing — Mounting Holes Exposed?

Braaaaaap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99' Toyota 4Runner (Supercharged), 20' GT350
Hi Everyone,

I recently saw a GT350 with an Anderson Composites carbon wing. I absolutely loved it, and thought it would be fun to do the same install.

The issue is that the factory wing is mounted by 4 holes, and the R wing would leave the center holes exposed. How do you deal with these center holes?

Is this an easy fix with some bonding paste at a shop, or would they need to do more extensive work?

The only other options i’ve seen are new trunks, but obviously that’s not ideal.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Anyone who I know of who has done this (and done it right) bought a new lid and had it painted.

That is the best option. But what's the point?

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Hi Everyone,

I recently saw a GT350 with an Anderson Composites carbon wing. I absolutely loved it, and thought it would be fun to do the same install.

The issue is that the factory wing is mounted by 4 holes, and the R wing would leave the center holes exposed. How do you deal with these center holes?

Is this an easy fix with some bonding paste at a shop, or would they need to do more extensive work?

The only other options i’ve seen are new trunks, but obviously that’s not ideal.

Thanks for your help!
I have an extra R trunk Race red/Black stripe if you need one which had the Anderson wing on it. Just make me a fair offer.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help!
You can’t “bond paste” (whatever that is) I assume you mean bondo, holes shut!

They would need to be plug welded then metal finished to do it the correct way.
Without looking, I’m not sure if the holes that would need welded shut are accessible from the inside to be finished off and primered and painted. If not that’s a area for rust.

Your BEST option is to purchase another deck lid without the holes and do it right.
It annoys the hell out of me when people half ass things because they want an addon.
Do it once and do it right.
If you can afford a carbon spoiler, you can afford a spare deck lid and paint work.
Or don’t do it at all.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

Without looking, I’m not sure if the holes that would need welded shut are accessible from the inside to be finished off and primered and painted. If not that’s a area for rust.

Your BEST option is to purchase another deck lid without the holes and do it right.
It annoys the hell out of me when people half ass things because they want an addon.
If you can afford a carbon spoiler, you can afford a spare deck lid and paint work.
Or don’t do it at all.
Love your takes. They usually get a laugh out of me. But you got the wrong avatar pic. You need this one.

Dominator961.jpg

Sponsored

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Love your takes. They usually get a laugh out of me. But you got the wrong avatar pic. You need this one.

Dominator961.jpg
Lol.

I’m sorry some of the people on this forum are tender hearted.
Why would anyone buy a $60k + car and bondo or tape the holes shut for a spoiler? To me that’s hack work.
I’m sorry if I offended anyone but like it or not it’s true.
Happy Easter.
https://gfycat.com/miserabledarlingbullfrog

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Just throwing out an option here . . .I machined a nylon housing to cover the holes and added an LED brake light. This is not something that you can buy, but it was a great option for my daily driver and it adds a level of awareness for the drivers behind me.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Or don’t do it at all.
what? Is there an echo in here?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I have an extra R trunk Race red/Black stripe if you need one which had the Anderson wing on it. Just make me a fair offer.
Id be happy to take it off your hands as a spare for pennies on the dollar, lol

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
oh, I thought you were talking about just the stripe.

Bluvodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350 grabber blue stripe delete
20190421_142922.jpg
Piece of cake!
Found a wrecked gt (red) color matched the grabber and painted the anderson exposed carbon fiber wing black. The body shop who did the work said the metal is so thin on these lids welding the holes in where the 350 mounting holes are can be a real pain the ass!

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
7948C181-76ED-43DD-A54B-E7BC89B71083.jpeg
DA19F928-8D98-4C68-8FDB-C95AC3888378.jpeg
33FB220D-2A46-4164-A612-441ED177799E.jpeg
If you’re interested into cutting 7.4 LBS off your 350R try installing these. Hopefully they’ll finish by Tuesday before my car arrive’s in 9 days! Cough cough
Sponsored